1.    #1  
    As per the manual i can mute an incoming call by "pressing the volume button or any other button on the main key pad" but its not happening, even if i switch off the tones button on the top of the set it still keeps on vidbrating, what can be done to solve this problem
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfiqar
    As per the manual i can mute an incoming call by "pressing the volume button or any other button on the main key pad" but its not happening, even if i switch off the tones button on the top of the set it still keeps on vidbrating, what can be done to solve this problem
    If im not mistaken this is just for sound hitting the side button will not stop the vibrating only the sound if the switch is set to sound on. to stop the vibrating when sound is off you can go to sounds > at the bottom of the screen change sound mode off to vibrate off.

hope this helps

oh yeah with these settings you wont be notified of a call when it is recieved unless you have a app like butler to alert you using the led (i.e. orange for voicemail waiting, blinking green for missed call)
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  3.    #3  
    Cant i mute an incoming call on my treo 650. i.e. if my phone is ringing but i do not wish to pick it up immidiately as i may be busy on another call and i also do not want to direct the call to voice mail or reject it, isnt there a possibility that the call stays there and the phone does not ring or vibrate (as is mentioned in the manual that this can be achieved by pressing the volume button, which unfortunately in my case is not working)
  4.    #4  
    help required
    This function works again in sw 1.20/1.71.
    Mute means to cancel the sounds. It won't cancel the vibration. If you don't answer the call, it will go to your voicemail or you can send it to voicemail immediately by hitting ignore.