1.    #1  
    Here's one to add to your knowledge base.

I got my Treo on Thursday, plugged it into the charger, ready to have a fiddle around. I turn on bluetooth and the try and send some data across from my old phone to the treo - bang - the phone resets itself and comes back with "GSM disabled". A soft reset got it back to registering with Orange UK.

Slight panic. Tried again when I went home. Same problem. RTFM and found that it was Orange's Talk Now application which was causing the crashing, so I deleted it and now going 15 hours no crash, fingers crossed.

Paul
    Did you apply the lastest Firmware upgrade?
    You can find the URl floating around in the forums. I guess you should be at something like FW:1.31 SW: Treo650-1.15-OUK
  3.    #3  
    It already had the latest ones preinstalled on it.

FW 1.31
    SW 1.15_OUK
    Hardware: A

I can do without the Talk Now function anyways. It only works on the same network here and all my contacts are generally on other networks.
    Last edited by itsamac; 01/08/2006 at 07:27 AM. Reason: adding a bit extra
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itsamac
    Here's one to add to your knowledge base.

I got my Treo on Thursday, plugged it into the charger, ready to have a fiddle around. I turn on bluetooth and the try and send some data across from my old phone to the treo - bang - the phone resets itself and comes back with "GSM disabled". A soft reset got it back to registering with Orange UK.

Slight panic. Tried again when I went home. Same problem. RTFM and found that it was Orange's Talk Now application which was causing the crashing, so I deleted it and now going 15 hours no crash, fingers crossed.

Paul
    I often get soft resets from other manufacturers phones when sending files via BT. I think it's just a compatability issue.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo