Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I use a Sandisk Ultra II Plus card (512MB) to hold the maps for my TomTom GPS software. I noticed that the navigation is a bit slow, i.e., it tells me "turn right in 20 meters" when I'm already at the turn. So I contacted TomTom's support and they said it might be because I have a slow SD card.

So, what's the fastest card available?

Also, TomTom's support said it could be a lack of free memory on my 650. Currently I have 7.5MB free.

Insight anyone?
    the sd slot on the 650 has a problem with fast cards. It will eventually cause problems to have anything but a standard SD card.
    I would say to get the fastest card you can find. The problem is that is hard to do. It seems to me the only reliable way is to try the card before you buy. That is also very hard to do. Audacity Audio has a free utility to test the card speed. They make voice recorder/dictation products for the Treo and card speed is an issue with the record process of any data intensive application. It is a free utility called CardSpeed at www.AudacityAudio.com.

I personally use a Lexar 32X card and I get excellent results.
    Sandisk Ultra II or their newest stuff Extreme III
    Lexar ....
    Those are the two if you're looking for good stuffs
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Try doing different speed tests with different cards to find the fastest. There was a thread that addressed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    the sd slot on the 650 has a problem with fast cards. It will eventually cause problems to have anything but a standard SD card.
    Not true.