1.    #1  
    Hey Marc I have been having some issues with Chattermail. First of all I love it love it love it. BuT there is this bug which has caused me to remove it & go back to Snapper (I prefer Chatter now). WHenever I make a call, the phone screen freezes for a few minutes. SOmetimes it unfreezes &goes on with the call or sometimes it takes so long I have to soft reset. Or it will turn white & freeze like above. This also happens when I hang up a call. It will freeze on that screen which causes me to do a soft reset. Now I uninstalled volumecare & profiles & it still does it. I disable chatternail & it seems to stop. Now I wasn't sure if it was Chattermail but I started this thread which I now see others are seeing this probelm; http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=103227. Is there anything you can do? I really love this email solution but it is a major bug which makes it too much of inconvenience. Also too many calls go to voicemail :-(.
    Treoneo, maybe you can send him a logfile? It's hard to tell what's wrong without any further info.

Here is the link to his FAQ on how to make a log file.
    http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...d=18&Itemid=57

PS: I guess you are using SprintPCS? CDMA is more linkly to have calls go to voicemail. It's a known fact.
    I'm not aware of any problem related to making phone calls; if there's something this serious going on generally, it's news to me (I hadn't seen that thread before, but it's pretty new). Obviously, you could try a hard reset and loading apps one at a time to see if you can figure out whether one app or another is responsible.

What version are you using, btw? And a log could be helpful; hard to know. Logging instructions are in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com.

Marc
    You know, something did just occur to me. A white screen freeze COULD be caused by a low memory or out-of-memory condition. Note that the memory status indicated in the launcher is pretty much meaningless, because it doesn't include memory used by running applications. A Chatter log actually indicates the memory situation at various times, so a log really might be helpful if this is going on.

Marc
    Looking forward to resolution of this...my screen blanks and freezes are really getting frustrating. Chatter removed - freezes stop. Ouch.
    Charliec
    I really don't think it's Chatter, and I'm not working on this at all, since there's nothing to go on. Have you tried doing a hard reset without restoring from backup and rebuilding everything from scratch? (And I assume you're sure you're not running out of memory, right?)

Marc
    Memory not out - sure of that. I am trying a bunch of things - but not hard reset yet .. I have many programs with so many settings...well, I do not yet have two days to restore all...
    Charliec
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    I really don't think it's Chatter, and I'm not working on this at all, since there's nothing to go on. Have you tried doing a hard reset without restoring from backup and rebuilding everything from scratch? (And I assume you're sure you're not running out of memory, right?)

Marc
    Marc,

I have a related question. With recent versions of Chatter I have been getting a "Low memory!" warning and Chatter stops working until I soft reset. I have not changed any other apps and am wondering if there is any possibility of a memory leak of some kind? This problem is stealthy, because I don't know I am not receiving e-mails anymore until I happen to check Chatter and see the error message. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Curt
  9.    #9  
    I hard reset & did not see this until I installed chatter again. It has something to do with chatter being connected to data maybe?
    treoneo - Nobody else has wriitten me about thsi, so I have to assume it's somehow related to your setup, other apps, etc. What version are you using?

Marc
    I have this problem too, but I just never related to ChatterEmail because I don't have the time to play around with my settings. However, I know for sure that Chatter slows down the Treo when it tries to sync too many mailboxes at the same time. It is really annoying specially when you need something now.

Al
    That strikes me as a different issue, though.

Marc
    funny this is mentioned, my phone does NOT freeze but sometimes I get the "low memory" in Chatter where the blue envelope is supposed to be - I just soft reset and it goes away - I am using Verizon branded 650.

This issue hasn't caused major problem with phone, just weird seeing it for the first time with most current STABLE version.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Try the latest beta; also, there is a "mem" Console command now that provides memory information.

Marc
    Try the beta, Fred, and let me know if it helps...

Marc