1.    #1  
    I want to use the ADA-TR65035FPT audio connector (that connects to the hotsync port) for use in the car (using the FM transmitter) in long distance driving. However, using this connector blocks off any access to the charging connector in the Treo.

Since those pins are not involved in the audio signals, why not allow an add-on cheger to be plugged into the audio connector (like the original Palm-supplied hotsync cable has)? The I can use the PTR650 and the (modofied ADA-TR65035FPT) together for an idefinite amount of time.

Making a charging passthrough in ADA-TR65035FPT won't add to the size of the product and will add to it's usability.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I want to use the ADA-TR65035FPT audio connector (that connects to the hotsync port) for use in the car (using the FM transmitter) in long distance driving. However, using this connector blocks off any access to the charging connector in the Treo.

Since those pins are not involved in the audio signals, why not allow an add-on cheger to be plugged into the audio connector (like the original Palm-supplied hotsync cable has)? The I can use the PTR650 and the (modofied ADA-TR65035FPT) together for an idefinite amount of time.

Making a charging passthrough in ADA-TR65035FPT won't add to the size of the product and will add to it's usability.
    Great suggestion. The model you're referring to is the first of what we hope will be a family of products - among which there should be one that will do what you want it to do. They are under development now, but I can't give you a production date.
    bump.

I have been using my Treo a lot more in the car to listen to MP3. A power pass through on the Hotsync to 3.5mm adapter would be a great enhancement.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  4.    #4  
    Attention David and others at Seidio,

Please enhance the ADA-TR65035FPT audio connector (that connects to the hotsync port) so that it does not disable the microphone in the Treo.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&postcount=37

If I plug-in a simple stereo headphone into this connector, it should allow me to talk through the Treo's microphone (with incoming sounds coming through the stereo headphones). This is how your other connector
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=94
    behaves.

I will buy at least 3 connectors like ADA-TR65035FPT personally if you add the following to it:

1. pass-through power connector
    2. allow use of Treo microphone with the connector+stereo headphones connected to it.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    If this is really to be a family of products I would really like an adapter with power and a switch that will disconnect the ground so the Treo does not think anything is plugged in. By doing so if I am listening to music and a call comes in I can flip the switch then have the call transferred to my Bluetooth headset. Then switch back when finished.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Great suggestion. The model you're referring to is the first of what we hope will be a family of products - among which there should be one that will do what you want it to do. They are under development now, but I can't give you a production date.
    An audio output to the car audio system from the G2350S which sent TT voices over the vehicle's audio system and then overrode that signal when a call came in, allowing the call to go to the BT headset and shutting the TT chick up, would be killer. And don't forget my already requestd SD card holder in the cradle