1.    #1  
    I need to delete some programs so I have more memory on my Palm 650. The reason I need to is I'm using a program called MVOICE which is great, but the problem is if you record to an SD card directly it skips a lot and they even admit that. The solution is to record to the Palm and then transfer the file to the SD card. When I got to delete and it lists all my programs there are a lot of things there that I do not recognize and I'm worried if I delete them it will affect things. Is there a way to know what they are associated with. As a side not I'm using goodlink which I think is taking up a lot of the memory.

THanks,
    John
    Uninstall manager can help track installed programs and their widgets so you can remove everything. But it only works if you have in installed before you install the app.

Cleanup (also at the same link) is an app that will look for leftover/oprhaned files that are already on your Treo.

Note that both of these only work for files you yourself installed. Not sure what you're using to look at the files, but some/most of them are probably files in ROM. To get rid of those you'll need to create a custom ROM -- which there are threads on here.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I use
    RemoveIt with excellent results.... Is MVoice a voice recorder?? If yes, why not just try SoundRec .

I am running v1.05 for years...you can record right to the SD card...
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    mVoice has a new version 4.2 that is supposed to improve the direct to SD card recordings. . . .

Are you using Docs to Go? You can free up to 4mb of internal memory space by using their Tech Tool:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

Cheers, Perry
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Are you using Docs to Go? You can free up to 4mb of internal memory space by using their Tech Tool:
    Perry I still can get DtG to work after moving it to the card...it just resets the unit when I try to open a doc...

An ideas?
    Technology Rules!
    Unsure. Have you tried this: remove DTG from your Treo and PC and do a reinstall to both. It appears that there is some corruption at play and this might remove it. Then use the tool -- also get the latest copy of the tool -- the link in Post #1 of my thread is now updated to the latest version.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Unsure. Have you tried this: remove DTG from your Treo and PC and do a reinstall to both. It appears that there is some corruption at play and this might remove it. Then use the tool -- also get the latest copy of the tool -- the link in Post #1 of my thread is now updated to the latest version.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Perry.
    Of Course!!! ...not... that would be too easy of an answer. I will try it on Monday.
    Technology Rules!
    If it doesn't work, JamesPaulRitter had a 2 month battle with DTG about 4-5 months ago. I recall him posting his knowledge and resolutions in a thread. Maybe we can find it.

Let me know.

Cheers, Perry.