1.    #1  
    Ok, so yesterday my hotsync was working fine. But now I'll click the hotsync button on my cradle it wont log in. I don't get the picture up on my desktop telling me it's logging in. Then on my treo after 1 minute of trying to log in it says "HotSync Problem The connection between your handheld computer and the desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and try again." I have the hotsync picture in the bottom left hand corner of my screen. I need some help ASAP plz.
    Don't stop what you want to do.
    At the risk of stating the obvious, check your connecting cables (in the back( and make sure the treo is in the cradle properly. My treo never sat easily in my old cradle.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Turbo, but I checked the back cords before, and I did it again and it still wont connect. Anyone have other idea's?
    A lot of people have two sets of cables .... I ahve one from the cradle and one from the Treo itself. The connector is not very well designed IMO and many people have "worn them out".

1. If you have a 2nd cable, try it.
    2. Rigt click on your HS icon in the system tray and look up....is the correct connect method listed (Local USB) ? If not, try changing it to something else and back again.
    3. Are you using a hub ? Try a direct conenction tot he puter w/o the hub.
    4. Have you changed USB ports ? Some devices wanna stay in the same port as they always were.
    5. Can you monitor your USB ports ? For example I use alittle mini hub which has 3 LED's one fr each port on the hub....if aconnection is made, the LED lights and will tell you if sugnal getting into puter.
    6. Check Device Mangler in Windows and make sure no yellow or red marks indicating problems.
    7. Check and see if your registry settings are messed up with HotSyncCheck
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...synccheck.html
    8. If 7 above doesn't fina anyhting or doesn't work, reinstall HotSync
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(1005)
    9. Try installing on another puter.
    10. Call Palm
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I have had a lot of trouble with the Hotsync Cables and cradles with the treo 650, Sometimes I even have to wiggle it on a cradle to get it to work.
    Most likely you have a bad cable. This happened to me. I bought a new cable cheap of ebay and my hotsync works fine.
    killer jordo, what ended up being your solution? what fixed it?
  8.    #8  
    O, what I did was change the USB ports. IT seems to work. Don't know how but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Jordo
    Ok, so yesterday my hotsync was working fine. But now I'll click the hotsync button on my cradle it wont log in. I don't get the picture up on my desktop telling me it's logging in. Then on my treo after 1 minute of trying to log in it says "HotSync Problem The connection between your handheld computer and the desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and try again." I have the hotsync picture in the bottom left hand corner of my screen. I need some help ASAP plz.
    I had the same problem with a brand NEW treo 650 out of the box and struggled with it for hours. I did some research here and found that the problem lay in part with the connector/phone interface. If you look carefully at the USB cable you will see that there are several copper looking pins sticking out that are actually a loop of metal. One post here suggested putting a paper clip or pin gently into the loop and very gently expanding the loop outward. In a fit of frustration before taking my new phone back I decided to try this and it worked. You have nothing else to loose as I did and I would try it. Here is the url for the good pictures of what to do. Most of the pictures are on page 3 of the below post:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=USB+connector

Lots of luck and I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Jim