1.    #1  
    I just got the 2G PNY card from CompUSA. The card is recognized when I insert it into my Treo 650; however, when I try to format it, I get an error message when I try to rename the card. The message is "Invalid Volume Name". I have tried things like pnycard, pnymedia, PNYMEDIA, etc. to no avail. I never had to format or rename the 1G Lexar card I have been using.
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Zane
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Have you tried formating it with fat 16 in a PC (you would need a card reader). As well, some people (not all) have had trouble with high speed larger volume card.

One person said they had to format their card with their digital camera before it worked in their treo.

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    I just got the 2G PNY card from CompUSA. The card is recognized when I insert it into my Treo 650; however, when I try to format it, I get an error message when I try to rename the card. The message is "Invalid Volume Name". I have tried things like pnycard, pnymedia, PNYMEDIA, etc. to no avail. I never had to format or rename the 1G Lexar card I have been using.
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Zane
    Not sure if this will help..but I lost some hair getting my 2Gb card to work...

Click here...
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    I have several 2gb SD cards from various vendors (Sandisk, Transcend, Patriot, etc). Most of them refuse to format on the 650. However, out of the box they ALL worked fine and I *never* had to format them on some SD card reader. I use these SD cards on a regular basis, swapping them into my laptop regularyly using a PCMCIA SD card reader. No read or write issues on the 650 or on my laptop. I even use the same cards in my Canon digital camera with no issues - taking pictures into the DCIM directory which I can them use in my Treo to upload.

The critical items I have seen:
    1. use a PCMCIA SD card reader if you use a laptop. These can be had cheap on fleabay.
    2. for desktops, use a very recent USB SD card reader. Apparently the newer chipsets on those readers provides more compatibility.
    3. Most SD cards (2gb and smaller) come preformatted (DOS16) in my experience, and I never had to format any of them initially. I own well over a dozen or so SD cards of varying sizes and brands.

Obviously mileage varies for everyone... this is just my experieince.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the replies. I ended up just copying my old card to my PC with the directory structure intact, and then copying it to the 2gig card. All of my Zlauncher shortcuts copied just fine.
    Zane
    Quote Originally Posted by patord
    I have several 2gb SD cards from various vendors (Sandisk, Transcend, Patriot, etc). Most of them refuse to format on the 650. However, out of the box they ALL worked fine and I *never* had to format them on some SD card reader. I use these SD cards on a regular basis, swapping them into my laptop regularyly using a PCMCIA SD card reader. No read or write issues on the 650 or on my laptop. I even use the same cards in my Canon digital camera with no issues - taking pictures into the DCIM directory which I can them use in my Treo to upload.

The critical items I have seen:
    1. use a PCMCIA SD card reader if you use a laptop. These can be had cheap on fleabay.
    2. for desktops, use a very recent USB SD card reader. Apparently the newer chipsets on those readers provides more compatibility.
    3. Most SD cards (2gb and smaller) come preformatted (DOS16) in my experience, and I never had to format any of them initially. I own well over a dozen or so SD cards of varying sizes and brands.

Obviously mileage varies for everyone... this is just my experieince.
    I just bought a USB SD card reader for my laptop. Did I screw up? My laptop also has a built-in card reader, but I'm not sure how well it works.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!