1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

Working with creating my own rom from the latest ROW update from palms website.

I bought my phone from ebay and it came with the 1.71/1.20.

I built a custom rom from Palms newest release (which ya, is kinda old), the 1.13 update.

All I did was remove the unneeded language files and the quick tour.

My file sizes are fine, the ace-palmos.zip is 6,647 kb so that should be ok.

I got an error when trying to flash that stated Fpl(0005) which may or may not be an issue with locked phone(even though my phone is an unbranded unlocked phone), so I found a post that said he removed his sim and it worked. Well, I did that and I still got the Fpl(0005) error.

SInce I have a GSM phone I was a tad confused on which updated app to use, I figured it was either FirmwareUpdaterApp.prc or FirmwareUpdaterApp_enUS.prc
    So I went ahead an put both of them in my launcher directory with the RomUpdaterApp.

When I inserted my SD card into the phone it ran the card and I had two options there, Firmware... and ROMUpda... it is when I run Firmware update and then hit update now..OK.. that I am presented with the Fpl(0005) error.

One thing to note is that when I click firmware update it says "Update: NONE" and Module "EnzoC2", but I am assuming that is because it sees the 1.71/1.20 update there already.

My question is, what is the Fpl(0005) and how do I get around it? I have run the other launcher icon and I get a "Rom Updater" screen that details the rom buid, when it was built, HW Rev etc, but its just an info screen, nothing actually happens.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by Caswyn; 01/07/2006 at 09:25 AM.
  2.    #2  
    24 views and no replies? Does no one know what the issue could be?
    I can't comment on your error. I have been able to flash back and forth from 1.20/1.71 and 1.13/1.28 using this as my base for ROM. It has verything stripped already. I added RealPlayer back in. I have had no issues. It might be worth a try.

http://rapidshare.de/files/3238045/P...Cust1.zip.html
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

4.    #4  
    Wow, thats actually working!

Is there anyway you could look at my rom and tell me where I screwed up? Would be much apprecaited. PM if you wouldnt mind and I will send it to you.
  5.    #5  
    Well, I was able to load Palms newest ROW Rom. Much rejoicing, thanks again!
    I am glad all is well then.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Hey, I'm having the same problem as Caswyn. When I download jamesG's file from the link above, I only get the Palm folder, not the ROM folder.
    Do I just run whatever comes up in the Palm folder?
    I thought I was suppose to run a firmware then Rom updater as explained on http://shadowmite.com/romInstruct.html ?

I obviously can't use Palm's file since I'm using a Mac and downloaded jamesG's "TREO_650_120_ENA_stripped", which gives me the Fpl(0005) error.

Please advise as I don't want to fry my T650.
    Thanks
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Hey, I'm having the same problem as Caswyn. When I download jamesG's file from the link above, I only get the Palm folder, not the ROM folder.
    Do I just run whatever comes up in the Palm folder?
    I thought I was suppose to run a firmware then Rom updater as explained on http://shadowmite.com/romInstruct.html ?

I obviously can't use Palm's file since I'm using a Mac and downloaded jamesG's "TREO_650_120_ENA_stripped", which gives me the Fpl(0005) error.

Please advise as I don't want to fry my T650.
    Thanks
    The fianl versions are automated. Look in the Palm dir if you have DeviceCustomizer than it is an automated version. To use this one hard reset then plugin power than insert the SD (with PALM as the root) then let it go until you get either the lang selection screen or the digitizer screen. Take out the SD finish setup restore data.

If you have Palm and then Launcher and no ROM re-download.

Jamesgangut,
    I own an unbranded,unlocked GSM Treo 650 which I bought from tigerdirect.com.I have recently upgraded to FW 1.71/1.20 ENA.I have downloaded one of your custom ENA ROMS with Tutorial,Real Player,Versamail and Clock removed and it has two languages,English and German.The downloaded zip file had an added instruction which states, "Must have 7 languages files for the carrierDB and AmrDeclib issue to be resolved. Don't Choose German or you will be in a reset loop." I wish to know if I could load the Rom in Shadowmite's ROM Tool,add my favorite applications and then flash my device with it and disregard the instruction.
    I do not understand the instruction seeing that German is one of the languages of the ROM.I am a newbie and I would like to customize my Treo.
    Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.
    You can use Shadowmites tool to add files. Just don't remove any and you should be fine. Keep in mind you need to keep the acepalmos.zip file under 8MB.

Thanks.I shall certainly try it and let you know the result.
    Jamesgangut,
    Today February 7,2006,I flashed my Treo650 with one of your ENA ROMS with Tutorial,RealPlayer,Versamail and World Clock removed.It has two languages,English and German.As you have advised,I removed nothing;but added Adobe Acrobat Reader,SyncAll,Voice Call,VolumeCare,TealLock Corporate Edition Ver.5.6.1, TealScript, TealPrint and two dictionary shells, SlovoEd and RoadLingua.The size of ROM is about 7.7MB.Its working fine so far.However, I noticed that the RAM indicates that 20.9MB of 22.2MB have been used.Are there parts of some applications which are in ROM loaded in RAM?Finally,I want to run HotSync;but I am concerned about traces of application, for example Versamail, which may load in Ram although there is no application to support it.
    Tanks again for your kind assistance.