1.    #1  
    In another post I read about the procedures for changing the contacs when using the phone...But it mentioned that I will need to hotsync before and after for it to work right.

I do not hotsync at all...I only use goodlink. Can I still change my contacts on the phone side, so that is pulls up my palm contacts and not the goodlink contacts?
    Thanks...
    The hotsync is needed to sync your Outlook contacts with the Palm Contacts app database. That's the only way to get them there. When you do that, the contact info will be available to all other Palm apps that use it (e.g. VersaMail) since they can't "see" the GoodLink Contacts database.

Note that you will now have 2 copies of each contact - one in the GoodLink contacts db and the other in the Palm contacts db. Depedning on how many contacts you have and what else other apps you have installed, you may or may not have enough memory to do both.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    will this fix work for the Treo 700W. i have the same problem every Treo700 user have, goodlink contact over taking my phone contacts. thanks for any help
    Quote Originally Posted by sjcrew3
    will this fix work for the Treo 700W. i have the same problem every Treo700 user have, goodlink contact over taking my phone contacts. thanks for any help
    I doubt it since it is a different OS. I don't have a 700, so I can't answer it personally. Has anyone found a workaround for the 700?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    I doubt it since it is a different OS. I don't have a 700, so I can't answer it personally. Has anyone found a workaround for the 700?
    It seemed to work for me when I demoed a 700w over the past 10 days. For example, when I got a phone call the persons picture would pop up on the alert for a while, and then it would disappear (I assume when Good took over the caller id from the phone app).

So in my exerpience I believe it acts very much like Palm this way
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Synching a 700w via ActiveSync will not work if your running GL4.8. Running 4.7 will work and allow you to pull up your contacts in different areas/applications on the 700w - Lookup Field for one.

Whatever you do don't update your 700w to ver 1.10 and run GL4.8 on it! GL 4.8 pretty much takes over your device, and kills your ablility to use it effectively - no lookup field, no abiility to view SMS or other mail accounts on the Today screen...and I could go on but don't feel like wasting my time.

I cannot wait until we move to Exchange 2003 and get off this bloatware. Please, try a 700w for a day running with Exchange 2003, and you'll know why the company is named Good and not Great.
    Last edited by cmajewsk; 06/03/2006 at 01:58 PM.