Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I keep hearing about people having various releases of ROM and ROW firmware on their particular T650.

Can someone give an easy to understand explanation of the difference? And how do I tell what ROW or ROM I have?

I look in Phone info and it says:
    Firmware: 01.51
    Software: Treo650-1.17-CNB

Have an Unlocked Cingular GSM phone.

Thanks.
    Do a Forum search.
    Just call me Berd.
    ROM = Read Only Memory - the part of your phone's memory which can't be changed and contains the operating system files and other undeletable files.

ROW (as used here) means "Rest of the World", meaning that the phone is a GMS phone and is not configured specifically for Cingular or Tmobile.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    ROM - the internal memory part of the Treo - the part of the internal memory normally not accessible for user files. You must have a firmware flashing software to write to the ROM. The files here will remain after a hard reset

RAM is the rest of the memory on the device - different names: internal memory, Phone....

ROW is a model description - short for Rest Of the World. Unlocked GSM phones has the ROW fw/sw on them...

(Now - it'll be up to the rest of you to correct me if I'm wrong )
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Ahh - we wrote the answer in parallell :|
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    Ahh - we wrote the answer in parallell :|
    Beat you by 3 minutes.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    OK - you won - this time
    JoranG