1.    #1  
    Got this in my inbox this morning:

PICSEL TECHNOLOGIES LAUNCH DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER PROVIEWER PRODUCT

Picsel to launch after-market solution following unprecedented public demand

CES, Las Vegas, Nevada – 5th January 2006 – Picsel Technologies, a leading provider of solutions that enable intuitive interaction with rich content on small screen devices, today announced that it will release Proviewer directly to consumers, following huge public demand for the solution. Picsel Proviewer will be launched on Symbian and Palm platforms by the end of January on www.picselpowered.com. Details regarding support for further software platforms and distribution through other leading sales channels will be announced later this month.

The Proviewer solution allows users to seamlessly interact with content rich attachments on the move. This is the first in a series of ‘Pro’ branded products targeted toward Prosumers which will offer unrivalled mobile functionality on smartphone and handheld devices.

Proviewer supports native Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, Plain text and Image formats. The solution incorporates revolutionary Pan and Zoom functionality which makes viewing content on the small screen a pleasurable experience, and allows users to access a similar level of document richness as would be delivered on the PC.

Imran Khand, Picsel’s CEO, said: “Picsel prides itself on delivering the best user experience in the mobile market and in launching this solution directly to consumers, we’re offering our industry leading products to an even wider captive audience. Our aim is to drive mobile consumer choice through the delivery new applications which feature new levels of interactivity and user interface functionality.”
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    The news sounds like they intend to do more direct to consumer in the future. I sure wish they would officially offer Picsel Browser sometime soon too. (Fixing it to full functionality on the Treo.) It completely blows away Blazer and the alternatives.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I went to their site the other day it showed available I tried to buy/download it and it then said it wasn't but I am sure it is not far off, they are offering it for $29.99. I love my patched/hacked version but it is in half chinese and half english and does reset from time to time.

I am seriously debating to purchase it because of how awesome of a brower it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by JrrInTN
    The news sounds like they intend to do more direct to consumer in the future. I sure wish they would officially offer Picsel Browser sometime soon too. (Fixing it to full functionality on the Treo.) It completely blows away Blazer and the alternatives.
    At first I was thinking they ARE offering the browser - but then I re-read the press release and realized I had read it wrong. I'm not excited anymore. Who cares about word documents?
    Picsel Proviewer is finally available from their site. It's $30 (for some reason they also want to charge you "download insurance"). Though the manual describes using it in trial mode, there is no place to download the trial. Also, their FAQ suggests that Mac users need to contact support for a version that does not use the Windows installer sold through Handango. I've emailed support for that version and will report back any updates I get from them.
    Where did you find it? It still seems to be in "launching soon" phase: http://www.picselpowered.com/
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    Find it here
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I looked at the online Demo, and it looks like it doesnt have a web browser built in like the unofficial version does. It appears to only have a Document viewer for PDFs, Word , Exel, Images and Powerpoint.

Who ever buys this please let us know if can also browse the internet?
    It cannot - the document viewer works much like Picsel Browser but isn't as 5-way friendly and doesn't have the same menu icon. My guess is when the PicselPowered.com site comes up they may have a full version of Picsel brower but that's only a guess. I do like the interface better than Adobe though...
    I wish it was cheaper. $30 for a document viewer is pretty steep, especially now that I already have DTG (for MS Office) and PalmPDF for PDF files.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Proviewer is down again it looks like. This is getting silly.