1.    #1  
    A little background. I now have 3 T600s. One went for a swim, one got slammed in a car door, and one is fresh off of ebay and is fine.

The one that I slammed in the door works great...except the screen is damaged to the point that one can barely use it. My little swimmer sort of works...certain things work and some don't. When powered up, the screen illuminates in blue but does not show anything that can be read. It has none of the dreaded little orange blotches

My question to you guys is....is there a way that one can test the screen to see if it still works?

In my fantyasy world.....and it is a BIG fantasy world....I am hoping that I can install my screen from the little swimmer into my door slam victim and be up and running. Alternatively, I can just buy a new screen.

Any thoughts?

Skigs
    Do a touchscreen test. Go into prefences. Then in the top left their is a column. Open that up. Then go to the bottom and click on "Touchscreen"
    Where to buy a new screen?
    As above, so below

Professional>VDX>Prism>T600>T650
    You may try Casper!! on ebay.... he will have stock of the screen.
    - Ajay
    just take the screen out of the swimming treo and stick it into the door crushed treo..

i would assume that the swimming treo should still be good....

if this works.... just exchange cases... i would assume the crushed treo is.... well crushed..... so take the insides out of it and stick it in the swimmer

you should from what ive read be able to use a small flathead to remove the torx #6 screws from the back
    hi guys just asking me treo 600 works fine except half the screen doesnt work .I dunno if anyone else has had the same problem. anyone with an idear?
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman123
    hi guys just asking me treo 600 works fine except half the screen doesnt work .I dunno if anyone else has had the same problem. anyone with an idear?
    take your troe apart... inspect the cables from the screen to the CPU... check for scratchs, cracks, short circuit... loose connection

ive never realy paid attention to the screen cables cause ive never had a problem with it.... but it ir probbably FFC cabel.... thos are the paper thin ones.... they break very very easily... so be careful not to put iny push, pull, twist tention on it...