1.    #1  
    In ver 3.1.1, if the screen was off while ptunes was playing, it would still be updating the screen information in the background.

If you turned the screen on momentarily (by pressing the red power button), it would show the screen for a few seconds (till the keyguard turned the screen off). But during those few seconds, you could see the latest song information, battery condition etc.

In ver 3.1.3, the momentary screen is still frozen like it was when the screen was last turned off. One has to actually wake up the Treo fully (Power+center button) to update the screen.

Is anyone else seeing this? Do you prefer the old way to glance at the current ptunes information? If so, please provide this feedback to Normsoft (e-mail or via their Yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pockettunes/ so that they can fix this in their next update.

Thanks.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I have a 600 and tried this....mine is updating....I just loaded a playlist and let the screen power off, then after a couple of songs hit the power button & it showed the screen and it had the correct song info. I will continue to watch this and see if it does not update.
    Hi Aloke,
    Thanks for posting this information. I am seeing this behavior on my 650 with PTunes 3.1.3 also. Like you, I'd like to see updated song information when I push the power button (rather than having to press both power and the center button).

I'll send an email to Normsoft.
    Karen
  4.    #4  
    They have replied in their Yahoo Groups site that this was a design decision to save on power requirements and increase battery life.

If, like me, you think that this should be an option, please let them know.

Aloke
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A