Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Huh? Is it a real 2GB card or not?

I don't understand the complain of being a fake Sandisk card. Sandisk is so lag behind in SD card release why would any one fake a bargain brand?

If you complain that it is an used card then I understand the reasoning.
    I try to stay away from Sandisk cards. I find that they are much slower in performance compared to others. I've got a few old Sandisk around that I gave away and even bought a 512MB Ultra II a few years back and found it took longer for the launcher to load the card compared to my Lexar 1GB.

I'm not buying Sandisk cards ever. I guess you always have to trust your intuition with everything. If it sounds too good to be true... But in this case, I don't think the price was THAT good to begin with.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    I got mine from eBay, too! I just called SanDisk to verify my card and they said it was authentic. I'm having a problem with my 700p recognizing my new SanDisk Ultra II 4GB! I have hard-reset my Treo, I have formatted it on a PC, and tried to format it on the Treo. When I insert the card into my Treo, it takes close to 10 seconds for it to recognize the card. Then, when I go to Card Info, it will NOT show that there is a card inserted. I did get it to show some info in the Card Info app once, right after I formatted it on a PC (I use mainly Mac's), and I tried to format it and it failed, then said that there wasnt a card installed!

I have used successfully without the intervention of a computer a SanDisk 2 GB without ANY problems! Am I doing anything wrong? Why wont this damned card read? Or did the SanDisk rep tell me a lie?
    Why are you guys even considering eBay when there are cheap, legit places to buy EVERYTHING with microscopic risk?

Newegg.com. Amazon.com. There you go. Now you don't have to burn hours of time and blow an angry gasket in the name of saving $2.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Why are you guys even considering eBay when there are cheap, legit places to buy EVERYTHING with microscopic risk?

Newegg.com. Amazon.com. There you go. Now you don't have to burn hours of time and blow an angry gasket in the name of saving $2.00.
    Well, I wanted to stick with SanDisk, but this might be my 2nd defunctional 4gb purchased! I am looking at newegg.com now! But I called SanDisk and they verified the authenticity of this card...thats what baffles me! It works on the computer, but not on my Treo? WTF?!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Well, I wanted to stick with SanDisk, but this might be my 2nd defunctional 4gb purchased! I am looking at newegg.com now! But I called SanDisk and they verified the authenticity of this card...thats what baffles me! It works on the computer, but not on my Treo? WTF?!
    I have read in other places that there is a hack that converts the Palm OS on the Treo from 16 bit to 32 bit. That in turn enables the Treo to see a 4 Gig card. They are saying that 16 bit can only see a 2 Gig card. I understand it is a relatively easy hack, but if you are not a computer geek, get help with it. Also, it can't be done on a Treo 600, just the 650 and up.
    Thank a teacher because you can read
    Thank a SOLDIER because you are free to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSc View Post
    I have read in other places that there is a hack that converts the Palm OS on the Treo from 16 bit to 32 bit. That in turn enables the Treo to see a 4 Gig card. They are saying that 16 bit can only see a 2 Gig card. I understand it is a relatively easy hack, but if you are not a computer geek, get help with it. Also, it can't be done on a Treo 600, just the 650 and up.
    I have a 700p, which is supposed to support FAT 32 and thus 4GB cards!
    I'm looking for official Palm documentation that tells me what capacity of SD card the Treo 700 supports. I cant find it on Palm's Website!
    Palm only officially support up to 2gb. However, its possible to go beyond that as can be seen here on TC.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Palm only officially support up to 2gb. However, its possible to go beyond that as can be seen here on TC.
    So I have to install something to make it read the 4gb?
    So I have to install something to make it read the 4gb?
    That would be the "hack" I mentioned. I have a 600 so I cant do it on mine.
    Last edited by JohnSc; 03/03/2007 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Additional info needed.
    That would be the "hack" I mentioned. I have a 600 so I cant do it on mine.
    I have a 700p, and it officially supports FAT32. I just looked in FileZ, and others in this post has proven that you can just pop in a 4gb card and it instantly recognizes it. I dont need a hack.

I dont know whats going on here! SanDisk says its an official card but I cant get it to work on my Treo! Anyone else with SanDisk Ultra II 4GB cards? Or am I the lone lucky *******?!!
    And on top of that, I just returned a knock-off 4gb card that I got from eBay a week ago and it instantly recognized in my 700p!

This card reads on the Mac that I am using as well as a PC. This is frustrating the HELL outta me!
    I have a 700p, and it officially supports FAT32. I just looked in FileZ, and others in this post has proven that you can just pop in a 4gb card and it instantly recognizes it. I dont need a hack.

I dont know whats going on here! SanDisk says its an official card but I cant get it to work on my Treo! Anyone else with SanDisk Ultra II 4GB cards? Or am I the lone lucky *******?!!
    Geeeeze louise! I was just trying to help by relaying what I have been told by people who know a lot more about these Treo phones than me. I sure didn't mean to get your panties all up in a wad. I'll just sit quietly and see how this all turns out.

Oh, just so everyone knows, this whole thread started out griping about fake cards, and particularly ones supplied by "blown-z on eBay". As of November 2006, he was still at it, but I happen to know he is on an FBI watch list for selling fake cards. How do I know this? I turned him in and personally tlaked to an FBI Special Agent about it. I shall say no more now. Take your best shot, my skin is thick.
    That is what I am trying to determine...whether this is a fake or not. SanDisk says it real, and that the 700p can only support up to 2gb. Palm has no documentation that I can find that says otherwise (it doesnt mention a capacity limit at all). Guess its time to search for this 'hack' that I dont think I need!
    That is what I am trying to determine...whether this is a fake or not. SanDisk says it real, and that the 700p can only support up to 2gb. Palm has no documentation that I can find that says otherwise (it doesnt mention a capacity limit at all). Guess its time to search for this 'hack' that I dont think I need!
    Maybe if you start with this link:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=969107

This is for the 650, but I am told it should work for the 700 also. Again, I am NOT the expert here.

Ex = "Has been"
    Spert = "Drip under pressure"
    Geeeeze louise! I was just trying to help by relaying what I have been told by people who know a lot more about these Treo phones than me. I sure didn't mean to get your panties all up in a wad. I'll just sit quietly and see how this all turns out.

Oh, just so everyone knows, this whole thread started out griping about fake cards, and particularly ones supplied by "blown-z on eBay". As of November 2006, he was still at it, but I happen to know he is on an FBI watch list for selling fake cards. How do I know this? I turned him in and personally tlaked to an FBI Special Agent about it. I shall say no more now. Take your best shot, my skin is thick.
    Here is where they were talking about the Treo 700p officially supporting 4gb cards and the hack to get them to support higher SDHC cards. My panties arent in a wad...they are on my girl until I say otherwise!
    Here is where they were talking about the Treo 700p officially supporting 4gb cards and the hack to get them to support higher SDHC cards. My panties arent in a wad...they are on my girl until I say otherwise!
    If it works, it works, if it don't, it don't.

As my teenage grand daughter likes to say; "Whatever!"

Nuf said by me, you figure it out Mr. Expert.
    If it works, it works, if it don't, it don't.

As my teenage grand daughter likes to say; "Whatever!"

Nuf said by me, you figure it out Mr. Expert.
    On your 5th post, you are calling names..! They say respect your elders and I think I have for the most part. But not when they call me names out of their ignorance! I never claimed to be the expert, which is why I backed my questions with posts that affirmed my presumptions. I appreciate what insight you tried to bring, and I hope your FBI investigation goes well. But I can see why your granddaughter says 'whatever' to you a lot...its just not worth the fight!

And a word of advice...as a newbie, you should post on things you are either certain about or has less intricate detail to them.

I will wait for the knowledgeable people to reply, as they are probably out enjoying themselves on a Saturday while I'm stuck to a computer with work to do!
    I never claimed to be the expert, which is why I backed my questions with posts that affirmed my presumptions.
    Heres my one and only repeat:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=969107

This guy knows his stuff! He was & is my backup. If you contact him, you will get informed advice.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast