1.    #1  
    Hello all i am new to the forrum, and i just finished reading 50+ pages of the exciting story of the how wifi came to be on the 650. I laughed i cried then when i heard it was working i cried some more, i own a 650, it's cingulair, but i don't use it as a phone becuase i got for free, and i have verizon. Well i bought the palmone wifi card and installed Shadow's software and i have two problems that i was hoping someone could help me with.
    A. The palm resets everytime i try and turn it off or it times out it just soft resets everytime.
    B. i cannot find any network at home i have a linksys wireless -g router and i've messed with every setting i even did a hard reset on the router and tried took out my encryptions. ETC it sill could not find it. Please someone help me.
    Max
    hmmmm.....I think you've grossley misread the info. There is no WiFi card that works on the Treo650.
    Regards,

2smart4phone
  3.    #3  
    Ah yes....the infamous Shadowmite WiFi hack. "Doesn't work"

My recommendation is...

1. By a Linksys USBBT100
    2. Set your PC's ethernet card to share it's internet connection
    3. Then Set your Treo to access the internet via bluetooth communication with your PC

We have come to call it Reverse Dun

Do a search using "reverse dun" (without the qoutes) to find how-to's on getting this done.

I have this setup on my t650 and it almost compares to my wifes T/X as far as speed in accessing net sites with xiino web browser.
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    If you use Verizon, you can get a 700w if you really want a Treo with wi-fi support. It supports the wi-fi card.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    If size isn't a major issue, you could also use the Enfora WiFi adapter "sled." I don't have any personal experience with it, but you can obtain it here:

http://store.treocentral.com/content...59-60--400.htm
    I just might get myself the sled also. I have to head down to office depot to return the TX I just bought, the wifi is very nice but I just cant carry two devices anymore. I tried very hard all week to do so but just could not do it!!
    Palm m105>Visor Prizm>Tungsten T>Clie Nx70v>Tungsten T3>Treo 600>Clie UX50>Tungsten T5>Treo 650>Tungsten TX>Treo 650 agian!!!
    Two things that may help you:

1. Enfora Wi-Fi adapter for Treo 650 http://store.treocentral.com/content...59-60--400.htm About $130.

2. Shadowmites WiFi card project status (not good!) http://shadowmite.com/wiki/index.php/The_Wi-Fi_Hack
    Or since you don't use the phone function anyway, you could just eBay the Treo and buy a Palm that has wifi built in.