1.    #1  
    I purchased a Treo 600 over the internet for Cingular Wireless. I've had the phone for about a day and realized that there is a some sort of pixel problem (orange dot). Would I be able to sign up for a plan on Cingular? And if I signed up, could I exchange the phone?

Thanks,

Shaun
    The vendor should replace it. Did you get this from eBay? If yes, then you may be sol.
  3.    #3  
    I bought it from a friend. I thought he purchased it from ebay, but i believe he actually bought a shipment of treos from a bank.
    If you have the original receipt, proving you are the first owner, the Cingular may accept it. However, as any sales that occured between outside of Palm and yourself is considered not an original purchase.

What does the lifetime use read? (Dial #*786 on your phone pad, may be slightly different on Cingular, I am not sure).
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    If you have the original receipt, proving you are the first owner, the Cingular may accept it. However, as any sales that occured between outside of Palm and yourself is considered not an original purchase.

What does the lifetime use read? (Dial #*786 on your phone pad, may be slightly different on Cingular, I am not sure).
    it says ''8''. Would I even be able to get a plan on Cingular with this treo?
    You can get a plan, I don't think Cingular would reject you but then again there could be greedy sales rep who will say, you need to buy the phone from them.

Anyway, the usage is low, it may be an old unit even if unused. There was a thread that tells you by the serial no., when the unit was initially released.

I would say give it a try with Cingular. The worst thing they could do is turn you down. One more thing, they may not have any refurbished inventory to replace your 600.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 01/05/2006 at 11:41 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Would they give me a new phone if I got insurance?
    Cingular's insurance does not cover the Treos.
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    You can get a plan, I don't think Cingular would reject you but then again there could be greedy sales rep who will say, you need to buy the phone from them.

Anyway, the usage is low, it may be an old unit even if unused. There was a thread that tells you by the serial no., when the unit was initially released.

I would say give it a try with Cingular. The worst thing they could do is turn you down. One more thing, they may not have any refurbished inventory to replace your 600.
    I been looking for awhile, and I can't find this thread that uses the serial # to find when the unit was released. It would be a great help to me if someone found it.
    Here's the thread: When was your TREO born?
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for all your help ronbo2000. It's highly appreciated.