1.    #1  
    I just did the firmware upgrade (finally), and the bluetooth HBH-300 headset was working fine before. Now my treo won't see it when I try to set it up in bluetooth. The funny thing is I can press the headest button and the phone asks me for the passkey and it becomes a trusted device, but the problem with this is that the device type becomes set to "unknown" in the treo and there's no way to change that that I can see. In other words the treo can connect to it but not recognize it as a headset - which makes it useless.
    I feel like I've tried everything.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by freenameplease; 01/05/2006 at 05:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by freenameplease
    I just did the firmware upgrade (finally), and the bluetooth HBH-300 headset was working fine before. Now my treo won't see it when I try to set it up in bluetooth. The funny thing is I can press the headest button and the phone asks me for the passkey and it becomes a trusted device, but the problem with this is that the device type becomes set to "unknown" in the treo and there's no way to change that that I can see. In other words the treo can connect to it but not recognize it as a headset - which makes it useless.
    I feel like I've tried everything.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks!
    did you reset?
  3.    #3  
    yes, i did. a hard one for the firmware and several soft ones afterwards trying to solve this problem. i finally found a solution - the headset needed to be reset to pair a second time. thanks for responding!
    Good!

I was about to say screw bluetooth and reccomend you a $3 Insten headset adapter, see my thread ;-).
    You can solve 99% of the Treo's problems with a hard reset.