1.    #1  
    Hey All

Just downloaded a few Freeware Programs, but they say I need J9.2.1 installed to run them. Did a search and didn't get anything...

Thanks!!!

Brad
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Hey scottymomo

Thanks!!! Great now I hope all those programs work...hehehe

Thanks Again!!!

Brad
    OK. I'm confused. That link says to load only two files (J9JavaVMMidp20.prc and JavaVMCheck_enUS.prc) and Java should work but when I do that (copied them to my SD card from my PC and then moved them to RAM using UniCMD) and then try to use Kmaps it says I still need Java. What files do I need to have loaded for Java to work? (and can any of them and/or Kmaps be moved with Zlauncher to the SD card and still work?)
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    It's those two files. Need to ensure you can see the IBM Java Midlet apps icon in your apps launcher and should see a new option in preferences called IBM Java VM down at the bottom under, "other". If you moved them to RAM from the SD card, try a soft reset and see if the app and the option under preferences appears. If not, I would hotsync those two files over to your phone. Originally took me a couple of times hotsyncing it for it to "take".

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    It's those two files. Need to ensure you can see the IBM Java Midlet apps icon in your apps launcher and should see a new option in preferences called IBM Java VM down at the bottom under, "other". If you moved them to RAM from the SD card, try a soft reset and see if the app and the option under preferences appears. If not, I would hotsync those two files over to your phone. Originally took me a couple of times hotsyncing it for it to "take".
    I don't really do hotsync at all anymore. I tried it from dloading direct/install to my Treo and it didn't show up in Zlauncher or in Prefs. Any other idea?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Have you done a soft reset after installing? Can you see the two prcs in the ZL file manager

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Have you done a soft reset after installing? Can you see the two prcs in the ZL file manager
    Yes, did a soft reset and see the prcs in the file manager. Then I deleted them, emailed them to my phone, dloaded and installed from email and it caused an endless loop crash so I had to hard reset and restore from backup.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I don't think those are the right files, as they didn't work for me. Do you have the Java Icon on you app page?
    I could not get the files to appear to save my life using hotsync but copied them over with an SD writer and then used filez to move them to the phone viola there they were. I wiped and tried again this time copying over the opera.prc I made with them and it would not work so I deleted opera from the mix and tried again and it worked fine. When installed I just copied opera over afterthe fact and it workd fine.

YMMV
    TS
    OK. Figured out that copying them to RAM using Zlauncher wasn't working but doing it with Filez worked. Now, a question about KMaps. When I load it the first time it asks for my email address and pword. What do they use the email for? Can I put in any of my email addresses or does it need to be my versamail address or something?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I don't know what they use it for. They never sent me an email on my actual account. It seems they use your email as their internal registration and means to communicate with you while using Kmaps. They just need a valid one.

There is a Kmaps mailbox within the app but so far no I have no mails. The only time I get a note was the notification that Kmaps is now owned by ulocate.com.

The password does not have to match your real account account.