1.    #1  
    I've seen the extensive discussion elsewhere regarding the intereaction between network time and the various timezone problems.

Using Verizon in New York on the 'Use Network Time" setting correctly sets the time as well as Daylight Savings Time. However, when then unchecking this setting, the Treo seems to think it is in Chicago and displays Chicago time. Each time I change the city and then go back to 'Use Network Time" and then back to unchecking the 'Use Network Time" the Treo seems to revert to thinking it is in Chicago.

It appears as if all though the "Use Network Time" displays the correct time, it still thinks it is in Chicago rather than NY and thus the WoldTime for other cities is always off by one hour.

Anyone have a different analysis? ot better still a solution?
    Thanks
    You're doing this in Preferences|Date & Time? What is your location set to on this screen? In Calandar|Preferences is the box next to 'New events use time zones" checked?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoulart
    You're doing this in Preferences|Date & Time? What is your location set to on this screen? In Calandar|Preferences is the box next to 'New events use time zones" checked?
    Yes. It actually seems to make no difference whether I change from network time to manully set time in the Prefs or within the WorldTime app. The Treo seems to revert to Chicago time each time after turning off Network time. Of course I can then change it to New York and all is well. But when going to network time and then back off it once again shows Chicago

'New events use time zones" is unchecked.
    Hmmm. I don't use World Clock but I do have it set to Boston. I do not have "Enable Local Network Time" checked and have the Location there set to Boston as well. I do have "New events use time zones" checked, however.

There may be another application hijacking your location and setting it to Chicago. In the past I used Titan Class as a travel application and seem to remember some conflicts with it.

What else do you have installed?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Sounds like a Daylight Savings Time issue. Isn't there a box somewhere to check?
  6.    #6  
    Not a daylight savings time issue as it is set correctly for NY. For some reason it appears as if"network time" while setting the time correctly is setting the city back to Chicago.

I do not have anyother applications that use location or timezones other than the built in applications.