1.    #1  
    Hey All

I know this has been answered before, tried Searching but didn't get anything...

How long does it take you to Format a 1GB SD Card(60X High-Speed SD Card)in your Treo 650 and is it just a Blank Card after with No directory structers???

I just got a 1GB Patriot SD Card from Fry's, put it in my Treo 650 went to Format it took about 15 sec's... No directories on the Card after, just Blank saying there's 982.1 MB free.

Also how do I have the Camera put the Pictures on the SD card instead of putting it on the Treo650??? What other Directories should I have on it???

Thanks!!!
    Again I'm Sorry for going over this again, but the Search Engine is kind of OUT OF IT...

Brad
    Normally, formatting with the Treo puts the directories in place.

15 seconds sounds right.

Go to the Pics & Videos app and select the card icon -- the camera app will then save pics directly there and probably create the necessary DCIM directory.

Cheers, Perry
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    thanks for the info. I was wanting a quick answer for that question myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Normally, formatting with the Treo puts the directories in place.

15 seconds sounds right.

Go to the Pics & Videos app and select the card icon -- the camera app will then save pics directly there and probably create the necessary DCIM directory.

Cheers, Perry
    On my unlocked GSM I have to go into the camera app and select a directory on the card even if the pics and videos app is set to the card. After a soft reset the pics and video app remembers but the camera app does not and reverts to phone memory. It will also revert if you open the camera app when the card is out but that I would expect.

You can create new directories using the Treo or your PC.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I'm getting a new SD card. Can I format it on my Treo and then copy and paste folders and files from the old to the new? I'm using Resco Backup and Power Run if this matters. Thanks.
    I assume you have a card reader. That is how I went from my 1GB Card to a 2GB card: copied the contents from the 1GB to a temporary directory on my PC harddrive then back to my new 2GB card via a card reader.

Not sure about the Resco or Power Run situation.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/04/2006 at 07:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I assume you have a card reader. That is how I went from my 1GB Card to a 2GB card: copied the contents from the 1GB to a temporary directory on my PC harddrive then back to my new 2GB card via a card reader.

Cheers, Perry
    Thanks. That's what I planned to do. Do I need to format in the Treo first?
    That is my recomendation, I like to make sure that the new SD card and the Treo "become" friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    I'm using Resco Backup and Power Run if this matters. Thanks.
    Many will recommend that you name the new card the same as the old card, that way any preferences referencing the card by name wont get confused. With PowerRUN all you need to do is go into the app and select "Update Shortcuts" from the pull down menu. That should put everything back in order.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  10.    #10  
    Hey All

Thanks for the INFO!!! Learning more and more about my Treo 650!!!hahaha

Thanks Again!!!

Brad