1.    #1  
    For no reason my Treo's been draining the heck out of my battery.

When I hit the end button it should turn off the lights of the Treo and go into lock mode. But now when I hit the end button I have to hold the power button down for a second and then the keyboard and screen lights go off but then the screen comes back on about 2 seconds after that and never turns off! And it stays on thus buring my battery.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

I even went into the preferences and messed with the sleep settings and that doesn't help. Is my Treo broke or is there something I can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrappedAtUF
    For no reason my Treo's been draining the heck out of my battery.

When I hit the end button it should turn off the lights of the Treo and go into lock mode. But now when I hit the end button I have to hold the power button down for a second and then the keyboard and screen lights go off but then the screen comes back on about 2 seconds after that and never turns off! And it stays on thus buring my battery.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

I even went into the preferences and messed with the sleep settings and that doesn't help. Is my Treo broke or is there something I can do?
    Sync and do a hard reset.
  3.    #3  
    When you say 'hard reset' do you mean pull out the battery?

I have already done that and it didn't work but I haven't synced first and then done that... do you think syncing will help?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrappedAtUF
    When you say 'hard reset' do you mean pull out the battery?.......
    No. RTM for "hard reset." I think you hold down the red key while pressing the reset button; wait for the circular Palm logo and release the red button. You will be asked if you want to erase all data. Press up on the 5-way button to say "yes." Now sync again.

Your problem is more likely caused by third-party software than hardware. The purpose of a hard reset is to get rid of all such software and return the device to default state. Note that a hard reset is like re-installing Windows; it is destructive. If you decide to re-install the third-party apps, do so one at a time and test after each one. When the device fails in the same way, you will know which one caused the problem.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    You might want to check out this thread. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=turn