Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am sooo over this damn Treo. It freezes at leasgt 5 times a day!!! Mostly when I make a call the screen goes white & freezes ot just freezes. It also does random resets for no reason. Anyone else see this? Could it be Chatter, Volumecare or Butler? I haven't posted a question like this in a long time because I consider myself a Treo expert! But I am at a loss now...
    Butler frequently causes my phone to freeze on answer. Have you run some cleanup action via Palm Internals? I cleaned mine from 68 seconds to 4 seconds (at the time leaving Butler one there) and then eventually removed Butler since it was my answer freeze culprit. Now I'm pretty much reset free.

Edit>
    I also removed mSafe which I found was causing many random resets and preferences lost.... check what you've got on there could be a number of conflicting items.

TS
  3.    #3  
    i removed butler & still seeing this. What is Palm Internals?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    What is Palm Internals?
    Ask and you shall receive.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...palm+internals
  5.    #5  
    that isn't goping to help. I can't understand it. Anyone see these problems who have chatter installed? I removed butler & volumecare. We'll see if i still see problems.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Post a list of programs that you have installed. Maybe other users will be able to assist. I have both Butler and VC running with no issues.

Also, do you have the latest versions of your apps?
    I am sooo over this damn Treo. It freezes at leasgt 5 times a day!!! Mostly when I make a call the screen goes white & freezes ot just freezes. It also does random resets for no reason. Anyone else see this? Could it be Chatter, Volumecare or Butler? I haven't posted a question like this in a long time because I consider myself a Treo expert! But I am at a loss now...
    It is an internal operation set my Palm. It wants you to upgrade to the 700w
    I just installed Chattermail a few days ago, and am now experiencing the same problem.
    Screen turns white and freezes. Sometimes it will come back. Other times I have to remove it from my Krusell skin case and reset it (pain in the neck).
    I thought the autosync was causing the problem, so I turned it off completely, and now only sync manually. Still having the problem. I'm getting ready to complain to the developers of Chattermail and request a refund.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Larry
    I found Palm Revolt made my treo really crazy
    Palm m105>Visor Prizm>Tungsten T>Clie Nx70v>Tungsten T3>Treo 600>Clie UX50>Tungsten T5>Treo 650>Tungsten TX>Treo 650 agian!!!
    If you post your problem with Chatter in here the developer may be able to help you. He's a great guy and is generally quite helpful.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    TreoNeo get another unit. Yours is defective. As much as I hate to love my Treo, I get 1 reset a month or a week.
    My Sprint Treo 600 has been locking up on me lately while using In-Box to Go. Never use to be a problem. Anyone else have this issue w/this app? I need to check their web site to see if there's anything posted.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    How about you just totally clean up your treo and leave like bone stock and run for couple of days. See if that's helping or not and then install one software at a time. So you can exactly tell which program is troubling you.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    There were a couple of problems in older VolumeCare releases but these have all been corrected in the new version 5.15 release of VolumeCare.

The problems were mainly in the 4.3x releases where incoming SMS messages could cause a reset. There was also a reset that could happen after an expired trial. Again, all of these issues have been corrected.

Jeff
  15.    #15  
    You know it must be Chattermail then. I see now the freezing is in the same way as you. Whenever I make a call it freezes or goes white & freezes. It usually goes back to normal but only after a long time. I disabled chattermail & it doesn't seem to do this. Phew I can add Vcare & Butler again. I will have to contact Chatter guy...
    I saw the freezing bad on a slightly older beta version of chatteremail. Seems better the last 1 or 2 releases.
    i've been experiencing this, i have removed treoguard from my treo and no resets so far.

usually my screen keeps off though, doesn't come back on.
    I am really frustrated - and I am sorry, Marc will say this is not Chatter, but I have to believe it is///with latest versions I have been getting white screens, freezes, cannot answer calls, email freezes up////only new install has been Chatter. WOW...hope someone gets a fix for this or it'll be back to Snapper for awhile.
    Charliec
    This is the first I've heard of this (there's nothing on my forum here or at my website about it). I can't tell from this thread if people have the same firmware or even version of Chatter, btw. Any information about this would be helpful.

BTW, I use a Sprint T650 myself, and I've never seen this, but I don't have much in the way of other apps on my phone.

There is one Sprint hardware-related problem I'm aware of, but that typically involves getting a Chunk over-locked error (you can view the error log by dialing ##377 at the Phone app). This is a hardware problem that requires a new phone; if the problem reported here is happening only on Sprint hardware, perhaps it's related. (I've had about ten cases of this over the past three months; in EVERY case, the problem disappeared completely with new hardware, even with the same software installed).

Marc

charliec - I certainly don't rule out Chatter somehow being involved, but with many thousands of registered users, I'd expect a blatant problem like this to be reported by more than a few people. So when something like this comes up, it's always important for me to know the chatter version, phone type, carrier, firmware, other software, etc. to try to find commonalities.
    Last edited by Chatter; 01/08/2006 at 01:03 AM.
    Agreed - I am just one frustrated user - this has only started in the last 2-3 weeks. I have talked to other T650 users about it and we wondered if Sprint did anything - because, along with the freezes comes multiple intermittent resets - half of the time with the phone just sitting there..other times with incoming calls, before they get a chance to "freeze" - anyway, before I run the gauntlet with Sprint and trying to pry a new phone out of their hands, I am going back and hard reset and install apps one at a time and watch for same errors.

THANKS
    Charliec
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast