1.    #1  
    Okay, I just bought my new Treo 650 today a few hours ago, from Sprint, and they set it all up for me.

The service works and pretty much everything but the Web browser doesn't work. Because when I start it up, about 10 seconds after signing in, the system just resets. It does this every single time I try to go on the Web.

I was looking though questions like this topic, but they have said to either reset it, or remove the battery, or take off any programs that I have installed that are affecting the system, but I'm pretty sure I haven't installed anything yet....

I'm pretty sure it isn't the phone, but I may be wrong.

Its pretty confusing since I'm a complete newbie with this phone....

So can some one help me out?

Thanks.
    Stab in the dark here. Try a soft reset to clear your web browser cache.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah. I've tried soft restarting, and hard restarting. It's still resetting everytime...

I'm beginning to think it IS my phone.
    You can also set your memory limit larger for saved pages:

Open Browser, hit the menu button, hit options, select prefernces, select advanced:

I have set my limit to 1mb and checked the box to "clear cache" on exit.

You may need to take a trip back to the Sprint store and ask why is it doing this?

Good Luck.
  5.    #5  
    Because, I haven't been able to even use it, because as I type in a website in the adressbar, it usually resets before I can finish typing.
  6.    #6  
    Hmm... My phone memory limit was pre-set at 1.1mb, and Checked "clear cache on exit".... And just as I hit okay, it resetted again.
    )=

I think this is a lost cause.
    Yeah.... I'm just going to go to Sprint tomarrow and talk to them...

Oh well... Thanks for your help anyway.
    Does it reset before or after it finishes connecting to Vision?

in the phone app type ##377 dial and what does the error message say?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  8.    #8  
    It resets AFTER it connects to Vision. Usually while its loading the first page.

Here is what it said:
    System Error Log
    A reset was caused on 1/3/06 at 10:10 pm while running "Web"

Fatal Exception
    Are you losig your prefernce settings (program registrations)?

I started out with a zero-out reset and re-installed applications (not hot-synced them).

So far, my Treo is totally stable with pTunes, Datebk5, FileZ, Resco Explorer, Xpress Mail, Keycaps600 (doomsey's version). Discussed in a separate thread.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Do you have the latest firmware 1.12 installed?

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...er/sprint.html
    isn't the "latest" firmware 1.12a?
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.