1.    #1  
    I have been playing with Mring before buying- I like it for the most part, but cannot seem to get it to customize the the voicemail alert. It will only let me select the supplied (meaning none of my custom) tones. Furthermore, it would only play one specific tone - the one already selected in sound prefs.

This is not normal, is it? Can anyone confirm/deny?

Thanks!

Ron Grandia
    Quote Originally Posted by mojoworkin
    I have been playing with Mring before buying- I like it for the most part, but cannot seem to get it to customize the the voicemail alert. It will only let me select the supplied (meaning none of my custom) tones. Furthermore, it would only play one specific tone - the one already selected in sound prefs.

This is not normal, is it? Can anyone confirm/deny?

Thanks!

Ron Grandia
    What mRing version did you use? A new one was posted 12/29/05...
    http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mring
    Speaking of mRing, can anyone (dis)confirm that the program does NOT support muting ringers by touching the side buttons? Thanks!
    Dom
    Treo 650/Sprint PCS
    Marlton, NJ
  4.    #4  
    I used the NEW version.

Thanks!

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by mojoworkin
    I used the NEW version.

Thanks!

Ron
    Yep....The new version 3.6 is malfunctioning in ringtone selection for voicemail. You can only select the default midi tones.

The 2.9 and 3.2 versions were working properly for selecting mp3 ringtones for voicemail.

Chuck
    ^^ 3.6 ?? Where are you getting 3.6 - the latest on their website is 3.2 http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mring ??

I'm having a problem with unreliable call and SMS alert volume with mRing 3.2. One call it will be normal, the next time it will practically blow me out of my chair. Anyone else notice this behavior?
    yes...i don't like not having the mp3 voicemail option.
    Last edited by 9thfloormaniac; 01/16/2006 at 12:42 PM.