Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    in the phone app, the second button on the right in the first row used to be voicemail. for some reason, now its 5 rows down and now the second button is called store and goes to the palm store. whats going on? why did it move by itself like that? and worse of all, you can't edit/delete/move those buttons! it won't allow it.

    does anyone know what might have happened? and if there's a way to get it back up to the top? and no, i didn't recently upgrade the firmware or anything.
  2. #2  
    You mean you don't see "Edit Favorites Button" or "Edit Favorites Page" in the drop down menu or you do see them but they don't do anything?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    You mean you don't see "Edit Favorites Button" or "Edit Favorites Page" in the drop down menu or you do see them but they don't do anything?
    sorry, yes i do see the edit favorites button and edit favorites page. when i select those buttons, i can't do anything. i can't edit, i can't delete. but when i got an empty slot, i can add stuff, i can edit it later, or i can delete it. can you delete your voicemail button? or edit it? or delete it?
  4. #4  
    The only way to remove the 'undeletable' favourites is to download Filez, find the PhoneFavourites2 file and select 'edit' from the menu. You'll see a number of records marked 0,1,2,3 etc. If you view each one you'll see the name of the favourite button on the right (in a garbled sort of way). Just delete the ones such as voicemail or whichever ones you don't want.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  5.    #5  
    cool, thanks i'll try filez. i need to install that. i tried using resco file explorer and i was able to view the records as you said. but it doesn't allow me to delete anything
  6. #6  
    I am having the same issue. I just got my 650....i am trying to reprogram some of the favorites but i dont get a delete option just an OK and a Cancel.....are you saying that I cant modify those favorites without a 3rd party app? I am just coming from a windows mobile phone....I had heard that the Palm UI was so much better but needing a 3rd party app just to change favorites seems pretty ridiculuous.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by robdes
    I am having the same issue. I just got my 650....i am trying to reprogram some of the favorites but i dont get a delete option just an OK and a Cancel.....are you saying that I cant modify those favorites without a 3rd party app? I am just coming from a windows mobile phone....I had heard that the Palm UI was so much better but needing a 3rd party app just to change favorites seems pretty ridiculuous.
    okay i tried this with filez... it works. i was able to delete those buttons that were not deletable before.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    okay i tried this with filez... it works. i was able to delete those buttons that were not deletable before.

    I too was able to delete those buttons using this method. I have contacts top left, and call log top right (where voicemail use to be.) But now that I've moved the voicemail favorites button to the second row right button, I can't set the number 1 as the speed dial number like it was when it was on the top right button. Any suggestions?
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******

Posting Permissions