1.    #1  
    The title asks it all, but please note that I'm asking after having read a note in the manual about using only an AC adapter to charge it...

Having read that note, I suppose I'm not sure whether the note advised against using a non-treo-specific charger to charge the earpiece, or it was advising against using anything -- including a treo-specific CAR charger -- other than the WALL plug supplied with it.

Thanks, folks!

-Kirk
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    I for one use my Treo650 car charger to charge my Treo bluetooth headset. Have done so for at least 6 months
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
  3.    #3  
    Oh yeah? Hmm.. Ok! (I was mostly expecting to hear "The manual says what it says for a reason, dumba$$!" or words to that affect. LOL)

Thanks for that reply. I'm assuming you haven't noticed any decrease in battery life or any other ill effects...?

Anyone else have a thought on this?

Thanks!

-Kirk
    I don't use a car charger. To charge the Treo and the Treo BT Headset I have a 12v / 115v converter set up in my car. I use the same AC charger to carge the Treo and the headset, run my laptop or whatever else needs 110 volts.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    No battery 'effects' as far as I can tell. The Liion don't need to be fully charged every time, and totally uncharging is possibly the biggest enemy against the battery's lifetime durability (or whatever its called ;-))
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)