Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all! Love the forums! I'm new to the Treo world after Christmas and love it! What a mean little machine. Anyway, I want to protect my new toy, so what protective cases do you all recommend?

Thanks!
    Nature
    Try doing a search in the accessories forum - this is discussed a lot. What type of features are you looking for?
    Yeah, read through the accessory forum or do a search for case or cases.
    I tried alot of cases and personally find the Krusell case the best.

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-20--145.htm
    Vaja cases are the best, hands down.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Vaja cases are the best, hands down.
    Vaja cases are also the most expensive, hands down.
    I like my cheapo Monaco. Got it off eBay.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Vaja cases are also the most expensive, hands down.
    Yes they are, but worth every penny. I bought a cheap $30 case for my 650 after having the Vaja for my 600 and regretted the decision as soon as the thing arrived in the mail. Nothing touches them, quality-wise.

If I didn't already have 3 cases for my PSP I'd buy one of the Vaja cases for it as well. And they cost about as much as the PSP.
    I'm back!
    I have a Vaja and love it. Worth every penny since it has save my phone from several falls. Got a light color ( birch ) and just dyed it black at a leather shop. Came out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire
    I tried alot of cases and personally find the Krusell case the best.

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-20--145.htm
    Krusell user here, also -- it was the very first thing I bought after getting my 650 (the next purchase was a 1GB SD card ). I use the screen enclosed version (see link provided by brmcguire), and have been very pleased with this case.
    Another vote for the Krusell.

Here are my Krusell pics.

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Nutshell!
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I have a Vaja and love it. Worth every penny since it has save my phone from several falls. Got a light color ( birch ) and just dyed it black at a leather shop. Came out great!
    I like my Vaja as well. But be careful in choosing the colors. The top color can fade, exposing the color of the leather underneath. It is hard to say a-priori about the leather color used by Vaja.

I complained to them but they just shrugged their collective shoulders, saying that this happens.

Pictures and details in

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=94411
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I'm personally fond of the Ripoffs brand of cases. Not fancy, just simple Nylon with a Velcro flap and some padding, but they do the job well. Best feature IMO is the metal spring clip on the back...easy to use with a belt or not, and I've never had one come loose. I've been using them for my pagers for about 10 years and they hold up well (I usually get a new one every couple of years) and just got one for my new Treo. Given the work I do, I need something rugged more than pretty.

The CO-129M model's the one for the Treo. The device has to go in screen in because of the antenna cutout (which probably provides better protection for the screen. There's a pocket inside that's meant for business cards, but works well to hold SD cards too.

There's another model they list for the Treo, the CO-78A which I happen to have for my FRS radios. It'll fit, but it leaves a good half of the screen uncovered.

Ripoffs doesn't sell direct, but there's a number of places that carry their holsters. Kiesub Electronics and CopQuest.com are a couple that I've used in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I like my Vaja as well. But be careful in choosing the colors. The top color can fade, exposing the color of the leather underneath. It is hard to say a-priori about the leather color used by Vaja.

I complained to them but they just shrugged their collective shoulders, saying that this happens.

Pictures and details in

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=94411
    My Birch colored Vaja case did the exact same thing. It looked so bad I had to dye it. I took it to a leather shop with the option of going darker. Between a b rown and black I went for the generic black. I will try and post a picture of the syed case later today.
    Here are pictures of the case after I had it dyed. I probably should have gotten it in a darker color in the first place but am very happy with the way this turned out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How did you locate such a leather shop? Look under "Leather" in the Yellow pages?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    How did you locate such a leather shop? Look under "Leather" in the Yellow pages?
    He has a fetish.....
    I'm back!
    I had a suitcase that needed to be fixed and a friend at work suggested this shop. they advertise as a leather repair shop for shoes. I just called them and asked about the leather case and they said if it was a light color and I wanted to dye it a dark brown or black they could do it.
    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/exchange...50fofitca.html
    I have this case and love it. I also installed a screen protector for www.invisibleshield.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast