1.    #1  
    I created a case with TomTom, but I figured I would ask here, to see if anyone has any suggestions.

I really like TomTom 5. I have used version 4 as well. The one thing that is hard for me to figure out is TomTom Points of Interest.

On my Garmin GPS, I can search of POIs, then select one and it tells me the address, etc.. before I select that I want to go there.

On TomTom Navigator 5, if I search for POIs, say store, "Target". It lists about 30 or so stores. With mileage from my location but no address information. The only way I can find out where a particular location is, is to select it, then have TomTom create a route.

If this is the wrong store, then I have to start my search over again from scratch.

Is there a better way to do this with TomTom?
    I would love to know this option as well. One shortcut I've found was to go to "Browse map" function and look for POI's within Browse map screen. It's a workaround, but not an ideal solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall
    I would love to know this option as well. One shortcut I've found was to go to "Browse map" function and look for POI's within Browse map screen. It's a workaround, but not an ideal solution.
    I do this as well but it is cumbersome. TomTom should have iplemented this feature better. Does anyone know if their stand-alone products operate the same way regarding POIs?
    I second these thoughts in case there are any tomtom scouts here. This is one shortcoming in a pretty good product. Its not great but it certainly meets my needs, particularly for the price.
    this is exactly one of my problems with TT POIs. read the thread on tomtom POI gripes. category only searching is stupid as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    I created a case with TomTom, but I figured I would ask here, to see if anyone has any suggestions.

I really like TomTom 5. I have used version 4 as well. The one thing that is hard for me to figure out is TomTom Points of Interest.

On my Garmin GPS, I can search of POIs, then select one and it tells me the address, etc.. before I select that I want to go there.

On TomTom Navigator 5, if I search for POIs, say store, "Target". It lists about 30 or so stores. With mileage from my location but no address information. The only way I can find out where a particular location is, is to select it, then have TomTom create a route.

If this is the wrong store, then I have to start my search over again from scratch.

Is there a better way to do this with TomTom?