1.    #1  
    Dec. 29
    - Treo arrives. Best Hannukah present of 2005.

Jan. 2
    - Finally get all of my contacts transferred over from Outlook
    - download some nifty apps
    - start showing off

Jan. 3
    - Realize that 1500 emails in my Inbox is a problem. Make my first New Year's Resolution
    - Realize that the case from Bell Canada just won't cut it. Start shopping
    - Quickly move past cases and onto SD cards.

So, my newbie question of the day is: will this card cut it for my new 650?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233013

Once more, thanks in advance for the feedback.
    No, that card won't cut it (if the link is correct). That is a compact flash card and you need a SD card for the Treo 650 (very different animals). Also, there is discussion that a card bigger than 1 GB will not work on the Treo. I have a 1GB SD card and it works just fine. Hope this helps. Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    Also, there is discussion that a card bigger than 1 GB will not work on the Treo.
    I think you mean 2GB card, don't you? Lots of people run 2GB cards just fine.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, Dana. I see my error, and have done another search giving me some new responses. I guess I'll pay more or less depending on read/write times.

Anyone know if RiData is a good brand of memory to go with? The prices on those seem to be the best.

On the 2GB vs. 1GB question, I found this thread which seems to indicate that 2GB should be fine: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...d.php?t=102978
    Opps...sorry for the errant info! I did mean 1GB because I was ignorant that a 2GB works...SORRY! I knew there was supposedly a limit on the size of card you could use and thought the chips fell on 1GB. I only have a 1 GB...guess I need to "upgrade". I use the SanDisk Extreme III. I know there were threads that discussed the "best" cards with speeds and all, but can't direct you to it. Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    2gb is the limit...