1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I've been looking around and have been trying to get some ebooks to download. I've got PDF Reader from Adobe (which nearly all my ebooks are in) and eReader. Are these the best programs for the job? I see eReader can read the books @ manybooks.net

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I use eReader for all my ebooks, it's a good program. I download all my books from http://www.ereader.com/

I must have about 20 ebooks now....
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I use eReader for all my ebooks, it's a good program. I download all my books from http://www.ereader.com/

I must have about 20 ebooks now....
    http://img256.echo.cx/img256/1869/ditto8pi.gif
    e-books...better than the library. As a matter of fact...those of you lucky enough to live in NY can download loaner books from the library....new releases and everything...guess that is why u pay such taxes!
    I use ereader as well. Has worked for me and I have a buddy that has about 100 books downloaded and he uses it for all of his reading.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_meezers
    e-books...better than the library. As a matter of fact...those of you lucky enough to live in NY can download loaner books from the library....new releases and everything...guess that is why u pay such taxes!
    Dont get too jealous, while it's better than nothing, the paper books to ebooks ratio is about 100:1
    Pete
    One more vote for eReader.
    Plucker
    I use 3...

1.- ereader

2.- RepliGo

3.- iSilo

Regards
    Aguila1808
    Treo 680 - Treo 650 - Enfora Wi-Fi Sled - 2 SD Cards 1GB and 2GB

Palm Fiction, I convert all of my books into text format and then compress them with makeztxt. Turns a large novel into perhaps a 500k file. Which I then put on my SD card and read with Palm Fiction at my leisure.
    I use the Adobe PDF reader (I know ::GASP!:. My company gives me a free subscription to Safari Books and I can get 3 technical books per month in PDF format.

As for 'enjoyment' reading, I get old pulps from blackmask.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Does eReader open pdf ebooks?

Does anyone know of a pdf ebook reader that allows us to make notes, highlight, etc?

I'd love to start buying pdf books off Amazon, but I can't live without the note taking features of eReader.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo
    Any of these ebook readers free?

Palmfiction (which is awesome) is free as well as Tibr lite, Mobipocket basic, SeID, CardTxT, VFSi, etc...

Here's a good description of many of the multitudes of readers out there for PalmOS:

http://www.memoware.com/mw.cgi/?screen=help_format

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Palmfiction (which is awesome) is free as well as Tibr lite, Mobipocket basic, SeID, CardTxT, VFSi, etc...

Here's a good description of many of the multitudes of readers out there for PalmOS:

http://www.memoware.com/mw.cgi/?screen=help_format
    Which one or two readers of those mentioned in MemoWare, in your own opinion, would be the best one? I use PalmPDF to read them but I'm thinking there would be another one better?
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    Quote Originally Posted by 500mL
    Which one or two readers of those mentioned in MemoWare, in your own opinion, would be the best one? I use PalmPDF to read them but I'm thinking there would be another one better?

Honestly, the best pdf viewer imo is probably Picsel which should be available in a couple of weeks:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=8310

You can get the hacked version exracted from the chinese i530 in the forums here, just do a search... Picsel imo probably the fastest and slickest pdf reader when compared to palmpdf and DTG8.

I personally have ereader, iSilo, mobipocket reader and PalmFiction installed on my Treo. I use DTG (and SiEd occasionally) for editing...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Honestly, the best pdf viewer imo is probably Picsel which should be available in a couple of weeks:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=8310

You can get the hacked version exracted from the chinese i530 in the forums here, just do a search... Picsel imo probably the fastest and slickest pdf reader when compared to palmpdf and DTG8.

I personally have ereader, iSilo, mobipocket reader and PalmFiction installed on my Treo. I use DTG (and SiEd occasionally) for editing...
    yo gfunkmagic--

Do you know if Piscel can do the ebooks you buy off Amazon?
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I cannot get netlibrary pdf files to load into the adobe for palm hotsync box- claims there is a security issue with the ebook- any help?
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens
    I cannot get netlibrary pdf files to load into the adobe for palm hotsync box- claims there is a security issue with the ebook- any help?
    It's looking like you can't read a protected .pdf files on a Treo. If anyone knows otherwise, please post it here.
    Protected in a kind of password portected, PalmPDF can do.
    Protected in the DRM way: no way.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro