Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there is an application that turns the Treo into a torch. I often need a torch with at least some light for searching for things (plane, front door looking for correct key for lock etc). I usually switch my treo on and use it as a torch but in my normal setting it's not that bright.

    If you turn brightness right up and go to a clear screen then it pumps out quite a lot of light so I was wondering if there is a treo torch program.. Just one touch of a key it clears screen turns brightness up and then another touch goes back to normal.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by treos
    Does anyone know if there is an application that turns the Treo into a torch. I often need a torch with at least some light for searching for things (plane, front door looking for correct key for lock etc). I usually switch my treo on and use it as a torch but in my normal setting it's not that bright.

    If you turn brightness right up and go to a clear screen then it pumps out quite a lot of light so I was wondering if there is a treo torch program.. Just one touch of a key it clears screen turns brightness up and then another touch goes back to normal.
    Which is the easiest and quickest clear screen that you go to? I use it all the time for light but just turn it on.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3. #3  
    Not exactly what you are looking for, but it might help you:

    BrightCam
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  4. #4  
    If I press a button while the treo is off, I have it set to display KeyGuardTime+. I have the background set to white, so it is bright. If you aren't using KeyGuardTime+, you should try it anyhow. It is free and a great little app.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  5. #6  
    On second thought, a lot of those are either really black 'mirrors' or don't work right..

    This one does okay, but you gotta tap it to get a fully white screen. It's supposed to be black or white, but it's just black for about 3/4" inch at the top. Tap it and it's all white. And it's 5k.

    YAMP

    There's another one I tried called Palm Light but it's 135k for a white or red screen. Sheesh.
  6. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    On second thought, a lot of those are either really black 'mirrors' or don't work right..

    This one does okay, but you gotta tap it to get a fully white screen. It's supposed to be black or white, but it's just black for about 3/4" inch at the top. Tap it and it's all white. And it's 5k.

    YAMP

    There's another one I tried called Palm Light but it's 135k for a white or red screen. Sheesh.
    Tks khaytsus, I'll give yamp a go.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  7. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    On second thought, a lot of those are either really black 'mirrors' or don't work right..

    This one does okay, but you gotta tap it to get a fully white screen. It's supposed to be black or white, but it's just black for about 3/4" inch at the top. Tap it and it's all white. And it's 5k.

    YAMP

    There's another one I tried called Palm Light but it's 135k for a white or red screen. Sheesh.
    Nice find...thanks!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  8.    #9  
    Yamp looks pretty good especially if you leave that screen up nice find thanks. I have looked at a lot of the palm torch programs but they don't seem to turn the brightess up and have that one touch activation I was looking for.

    At the moment I am using a zlauncher tab with a white background (I use uploaded tab as it is usaully blank) and just turning the brightness up manually then back down again.

    What would be really cool if we could program the home key so when the phone is off press the home key turns on opens with a screen and uses the camera to choose the best color and brightness level for the room and lighting conditions then continually auto adjusts depending on conditions (fog, dim light, dark room increases brightness accordingly and keeps checking light settings to make sure we have optimum light coming out of the device). Press home again turns brightness down restores all to normal and switches off.
  9. #10  
    Sounds like something Profiles could accomplish....
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  10. #11  
    Try an app called 'Kerosine & Match stick' found at ur local hardware stores

    j/k

  11. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by nutrigm
    Try an app called 'Kerosine & Match stick' found at ur local hardware stores

    j/k

    I use an app called "Flashlight" (found at same hardware store). The UI is not quite as messy.
  12. #13  
    Brightcam allows you to hold down right shift+option to alternate betw it's brightest setting and your current setting...plus it auto adjusts based on light conditions for normal operations..you almost need bizzaro brightcam to have it go to it's brightest setting in the lowest light condition
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  13. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Brightcam allows you to hold down right shift+option to alternate betw it's brightest setting and your current setting...plus it auto adjusts based on light conditions for normal operations..you almost need bizzaro brightcam to have it go to it's brightest setting in the lowest light condition
    it lags the treo because its constantly running. i deleted it.
  14. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    On second thought, a lot of those are either really black 'mirrors' or don't work right..

    This one does okay, but you gotta tap it to get a fully white screen. It's supposed to be black or white, but it's just black for about 3/4" inch at the top. Tap it and it's all white. And it's 5k.

    YAMP

    There's another one I tried called Palm Light but it's 135k for a white or red screen. Sheesh.
    Works well with my Treo. I only wish the default mode was the white screen instead of having to tap it.
    Tks again khaytsus
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  15.    #16  
    ScottyMomo Brightcam is so cool. I also like the ambiance control for sound I did not find it slowed palm down when I used it in app switch mode and this is fine. Thanks this solves my Treo Torch problem and my constant flat battery problem. Nice one.
  16. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by treos
    ScottyMomo Brightcam is so cool. I also like the ambiance control for sound I did not find it slowed palm down when I used it in app switch mode and this is fine. Thanks this solves my Treo Torch problem and my constant flat battery problem. Nice one.
    Good deal. Yeah, if you use the continuous setting to adjust the brightness then it will slow down the Treo, but using apps switching or only on power on doesn't cause too many delays. Some of the options on the Sound tab will slow things down as well.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  17.    #18  
    Brightcam just blew my TREO650 up quick google search and I found out that causes problems when using with other apps. It appears to have modified a file in the palm so you can't unistall it. The problem was all was working well so I backed it up and killed my old backup. Back to factory reset then I restore and it goes into a reboot loop (up arrow gets me past it) but from then on every time I reboot it loops again. I tried unistall disable everything. Looks like I have to rebuild the whole thing from scratch just had it perfect to :-(
  18. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by treos
    Brightcam just blew my TREO650 up quick google search and I found out that causes problems when using with other apps. It appears to have modified a file in the palm so you can't unistall it. The problem was all was working well so I backed it up and killed my old backup. Back to factory reset then I restore and it goes into a reboot loop (up arrow gets me past it) but from then on every time I reboot it loops again. I tried unistall disable everything. Looks like I have to rebuild the whole thing from scratch just had it perfect to :-(
    What else did you have installed? Never had that happen before.. Brightcam has a safe mode that causes it to disable itself if a reset loop is detected. You could have always removed Brightcam from your backup directory before restoring...you might want to try that before starting over from scratch...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  19.    #20  
    I had tons of apps installed. It modifies a boot file. I tried deleting it and all the files it created if you google treo 650 loop you will see that I am not the only one who has had this problem it is well documented and well known. Currently treo 650 is flagged as not supported. Tried safe mode as well but does not remove itself. Just about finsished rebuild -
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions