1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Not unless you convert it to WAV or AMR format first.
    This was from the application thread from long ago.

So if its a wave you can make it a ringtone? how do you do that?
    e-mail it to yourself and save the attached wav file as a ringtone (in Versamail).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    If you don't have a data plan for your Treo (or would rather not use over-the-air for transfers), you can also send the file via Bluetooth from your computer to the Treo and it will be accepted that way. I imagine that infrared transfer would work, too.

Keep in mind that WAV files can be *huge*, and can only be used from internal memory (unless you are using a 3rd-party ringtone management program). For ringtones, I tend to down-convert mine to 16khz sample rate, 8-bit sample size, mono audio. That produces nice, small(ish) files that work fine for ringtones.
    i dont have a data plan (waiting for verizon to wise up and compete with sprint) and i want to get wav files for ringtones. this might sound stupid but can any computer send files via bluetooth? i dont have any bluetooth accessories so i dont know about the whole bluetooth thing. thanks.
    You can hotsynch the wav file to your sd card, then create a new email with the wav attached, then save the attacment to the internal memory of the treo, then delete the email
    Bluetooth isn't available on every computer, but it's becoming more common on newer machines (laptops in particular). Otherwise, you have to get a separate Bluetooth USB adapter in order to do Bluetooth transfers.

But, if you're not using Bluetooth yet, that kind of expense (for an adapter) likely wouldn't be worth it.

The method that Abraxo72 mentions in the above post also works, and requires nothing extra beyond what you already have in place (assuming you have an SD card). It's a few more steps - but not many - but it does work, and also does not require a data plan.
    DBT-120 PersonalAir Wireless USB Adapter, Bluetooth
    Manufacturer: D-Link
    Mfg Part #: DBT-120
    Product Number: 307822
    $39.99

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...07822&pfp=cat3
    i just posted a step by step process for putting wav ringtones on your phone without a 3rd party application called "step by step wav ringtone..." hope it helps
    Are there any size limitations such as with the lifedrive(max 8mb) for transferring files to a memory card with a bluetooth adapter???
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    When I upload .wav tones to the memory card the sounds application copies it the main 650 memory with a 'Ton-' prefix on the file. This, of course, eats precious internal memory. Anyway to re-direct the sounds application to read the tone from the memory card???

Ralph
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxo72
    You can hotsynch the wav file to your sd card, then create a new email with the wav attached, then save the attacment to the internal memory of the treo, then delete the email
    Just used this method. Great thinking Abroxo72.
    Or using BLAZER... enter the address of your file and that's another way of getting it copied to the 650's internal memory.
    *PALMSITE For reference*

file:///(folder)/(yourmidifile.mid)

file:/// - enter this text exactly including three forward slashes
    (folder) - the folder where you stored the MIDI file
    / - use a forward slash to indicate folder contents
    (yourmidifile.mid) - the filename of the MIDI file
    An example address would be file:///MyMIDIfiles/BestRingtoneEver.mid. Once the address is entered, hit Go, and the file will be transferred to the MIDI Ring Tones database.

OR
    Resco Explorer easily copies the file into the internal memory just by selecting the .wav file.

YEAH, saved myself some $$$ from buying a 3rd party app... this has satiated my apetite for mp3 ringtones =)
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxo72
    hi, can i just ask, does this work for the treo 600 too? because when i try to attach a file from the sd card in the email, the file doesn't appear as an option... i can only choose from sounds or camera files.

if this method doesn't work for the treo 600, does anyone know any way i can get ringtones onto my palm treo without a data plan or bluetooth or IR?

thanks!