1.    #1  
    You don't need to install an unofficial product through the back door to view PDfF files etc.

http://www.picselpowered.com/prod_proviewer.php

Multi File Format Support
    Other file formats that are supported by Proviewer File Viewer include HTML, mHTML, Adobe PDF, Text files, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Macromedia Flash and Zip compression are also supported.

Quite expensive at $30 (IMO)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Looks like there is a 14 day free trial. An interesting feature, shown in the demo, that's not in the hacked version is "reflow mode." It appears that Picsel will resize fonts to eliminate scrolling. I think Documents to Go is in trouble.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio8
    Looks like there is a 14 day free trial. An interesting feature, shown in the demo, that's not in the hacked version is "reflow mode." It appears that Picsel will resize fonts to eliminate scrolling. I think Documents to Go is in trouble.
    Except that you can't edit files in the Picsel product. Not that I do that very often ..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Except that you can't edit files in the Picsel product. Not that I do that very often ..
    Agree... Picsel is not a replacement for Docs to Go, but I won't be upgrading DTG to get PDF support
    Looks like there is a 14 day free trial.
    Is the trial available now?
    Maybe I just couldn't find it.
    Just call me Berd.
    I don't see any trial links either. and when you try the purchase link it says:
    "'Picsel Proviewer' is currently unavailable and cannot be purchased.
    Please select another product."

Too bad :-(
    Agree... Picsel is not a replacement for Docs to Go, but I won't be upgrading DTG to get PDF support
    DTG does a ****-poor job of showing xls and doc pages with any kind of advanced formatting in their original format. And to top it off, it dumps those features from the file when you save (eg: headers and footer images). No thanks for me. And let's not even start to discuss the speed of PDFs and PPTs.

Picsel sounds like REAL PDF/PPT viewing support that won't crash every five minutes and won't take minutes to go between pages. I'll pay the $30 if I can get a 14-day trial.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I am excited but at $30.00 I may stay with my hacked clie version for a little while longer.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    If viewing pdf's is your only requirement donationware palmpdf has been great for me. I believe I google'd to find the download.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    I don't see any trial links either. and when you try the purchase link it says:
    "'Picsel Proviewer' is currently unavailable and cannot be purchased.
    Please select another product."

Too bad :-(
    I got this message yesterday and was disappointed -- I'd really like to check out picsel. Based on threads I read here on treocentral, it sounds promising.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I just went to see if I could try and download it or a trial, it said it was unavailable.
  13.    #13  
    Sorry for leading you guys on a wild goose chase.. I saw this on Treobits and went to the site. Looked real (and is.. probably just delayed by a few days for the product launch).

I wasn't interested in this myself .. for now.
    Last edited by aprasad; 01/02/2006 at 11:19 AM. Reason: spelling
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Seems that a couple of people have managed to purchase Picsel on the first day it was announced on forum at 1src.
    http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103474

Picsel site's probs seemed to start just before holiday weekend..

Jon