1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I just purchased a 650 today, and would like to use it to access my AOL email. How do I do this? The folks at Cingular (my wireless provider) didn't know. The folks at AOL didn't know. What am I supposed to do?
    I did try entering my AOL screen name and password into the versamail feature, but when I try to "get" mail, I get a message that says "time out reading body"
    Can someone please let me know what to do? I'm ready to throw this phone in the trash...
    Thanks,
    Catherine
    Hello,
    I don't have aol, but found the following info on Palm's web site (here's the link )

AOL email
    Now you can use these settings to get AOL mail in VersaMail:
    * Mail Service: AOL
    * Incoming mail server: imap.aol.com
    * Outgoing mail server: smtp.aol.com
    * (Advanced) Incoming Server Port Number: 143
    * (Advanced) Outgoing Server Port Number: 587

Give it a try and let us know if this works for you.
    Karen
    I recommend you check out Chatter Email. Its what I (and many other TC forums members and Treo 650 users) use to access AOL email. Setting up a new AOL account is a breeze in Chatter. Chatter will also give you true push email with your AOL account.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I use the AOL for Palm program. I like it, but it's not free. Found it on PalmGear I think.
    Even has an IM function included.
    Treo 650 & T-Mobile
    Chatter is, hands down, the best solution for AOL mail on the Treo. I get the mail on my Treo pretty much simultaneously to it appearing on my desktop.
    Try Aileron mail it is designed to help mobile users manage and balance their corporate and personal email management needs using one single handheld device, with bi-directional support for attachments. Aileron provides email management for individual users using Internet mail access protocols like POP3, IMAP4, with or without SSL, and also provides access to portal mailboxes like AOL, MSN/Hotmail, Yahoo, and Gmail.

Feel free to reach us at www.corsoft.com for a live and interactive chat support.
    Tim K
    I just set it up on versamail - chose AOL as my mail server, tested it (before accepting settings). It took a few tries, but finally worked. Make you sure empty trash on the upper left of the screen and empty your AOL account from large files you don't need. I don't use any additional software and it works fne.
    zelgo -

The idea that anyone is paid to "shill" is disgusting; why shouldn't you be called names when you post irresponsible BS like this. Someone asked a question, and people answered - the fact that this bothers you strikes me as peculiar, to say the least.

Marc

Extra Credit: Explain how calling people "shills" is different from those same people calling you names? (What a %$#@ hypocrite you are!)
    I am one of the "shills" listed in this thread and damn proud of it. Sure, Marc pays me. He pays me with producing a damn fine program that meets my email (AOL) needs. He lines my pockets by providing some of the best technical support of any program designer I have dealt with. I am wealthier by making Chatter my email program of choice. I recommend to others that read this to allow Marc to line their pockets to.

I wont be calling you any names zelgo, the tone of your post speaks for itself.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Another vote for Chatter all the way, great email - I am addicted now to emails - !!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    zelgo - Please explain the purpose of your complaint, then? To suggest that it's "odd"? Did it occur to you that the posters might actually be trying to inform and help the original poster? Or does their motive somehow become unsavory because it mentions a particular product?

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by csfscott View Post
    Hi,
    I just purchased a 650 today, and would like to use it to access my AOL email. How do I do this? The folks at Cingular (my wireless provider) didn't know. The folks at AOL didn't know. What am I supposed to do?
    I did try entering my AOL screen name and password into the versamail feature, but when I try to "get" mail, I get a message that says "time out reading body"
    Can someone please let me know what to do? I'm ready to throw this phone in the trash...
    Thanks,
    Catherine
    HI, you can use Aileron it can handle every mailing services well including the recent Gmail. And AOL it does since quite a good time
    A timely response! LOL!!

Marc