Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    just curious as to what web browser everone uses with their 650? Why you use it and how compatible with the 5 way Nav is it? thanks
    I just use Blazer, the one that came with it. I was hoping for mobile Opera but alas, no Palm version (yet).
    Blazer. Why waste the ROM space? It has been stable since my last clean install.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Mostly Blazer. Sometimes WebViewer, occasionally Xiino, and every now and then, WebPro. I'd use WebPro more often, but I have to do a soft rest evey time I use it.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Lately Xiino with MobileLeap for better renderiing of pages.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    I just use Blazer, the one that came with it. I was hoping for mobile Opera but alas, no Palm version (yet).
    Not true, go here to download it

http://mini.opera.com/my

It takes a bit of patience to get it to work right but it is a great piece of software. Free, quite quick and renders web pages in a readable format. Blazer is dead slow and doesn’t always render the pages correctly. I have an unbranded GSM phone with T-zones. It is possible that the problem with Blazer is caused by T-zones.
    Webviewer........... Fast, Fast, Fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Webviewer........... Fast, Fast, Fast.
    No Fair! Webviewer isn't allowing any new registers.
    Just call me Berd.
    I use several but mostly Opera Mini (bookmark crashes my treo sometimes) but fast and save me $ due to its compression at the server before my treo downloading the content.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    No Fair! Webviewer isn't allowing any new registers.
    True, does anyone have any idea why they stop accepting customers, it's a killa browser, very stable.
    Mainly Xiino & Webviewer
    then blazer
    and sometimes Opera
    HTC Touch Pro
    I use Xiino. It is perfect for me (fast page loads, remembers where I left off after I exit and even the ability to use the back button after I exit it, stable, etc). The only feature I wish it had was the ability to click on email hyperlinks and have it auto launch ChatterMail.
    "Living is the only thing worth dying for."
    I think it's version 3.0a. It's "modified" and works just fine with the 650.
    I would buy and use Xiino if it supported small fonts.

Choice between giant font and large font is no good on a PDA.

stipus
    Quote Originally Posted by stipus
    I would buy and use Xiino if it supported small fonts.

Choice between giant font and large font is no good on a PDA.

stipus
    Read this:
    http://demo.mobileleap.net/discussio...ht=Users+xiino
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    True, does anyone have any idea why they stop accepting customers, it's a killa browser, very stable.
    I think you can still register WebViewer through Handmark.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    I think you can still register WebViewer through Handmark.
    Are you referring to Handmark.com?
    I can't seem to find either Webviewer or anything from Reqwireless there.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eafenyes
    Not true, go here to download it

http://mini.opera.com/my

It takes a bit of patience to get it to work right but it is a great piece of software. Free, quite quick and renders web pages in a readable format. Blazer is dead slow and doesn’t always render the pages correctly. I have an unbranded GSM phone with T-zones. It is possible that the problem with Blazer is caused by T-zones.
    Where do you find the 'IBM WebSphere Micro Environment Java VM' software that you need for Opera?
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada
    Where do you find the 'IBM WebSphere Micro Environment Java VM' software that you need for Opera?
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/jvm/
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I use mainly Blazer and it does the job for most things, for my bank's website I use Webpro 3.0a and it works fine. I haven't had any crashes or resets with the VZW Treo and this set up, the Cingy 650 I had was a different story, I quit using Webpro on it, cause it reset everytime.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast