Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I use Nweb 4.5 for work and mostly Blazer with no sprint proxy settings seems to make blazer faster but I can use the Nweb with proxy mode for business and unchecked for regualr surfing ps there is a small font program that makes Xino look "good" I think its fonts for os5
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1
    I use Nweb 4.5 for work and mostly Blazer with no sprint proxy settings seems to make blazer faster but I can use the Nweb with proxy mode for business and unchecked for regualr surfing ps there is a small font program that makes Xino look "good" I think its fonts for os5
    Excuse me,
    You say your using Nweb with a 650?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Yup been a couple months now we have it on our treo 650's and it works real well but we have it pointed at a dedicated internal proxy server to acces our business "stuff ". real fast and no real problems but 5way not 100 percent looks just like the version we had on the t600 but this one works fine on the 650 it just comes from the higher ups and we install it on the treo
    So - how can we get a copy? Do you know if it's the same as the 600 version on Novarra's web site?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    its supplied to us from our it dept and no its not the same as the t600 version that one gave all kinds of memory errors when tried on the 650 this ones FOR the 650 runs "perfect"
    So, post your 650 copy here.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I dont think so. Since its a custom release from Novarra to my company if it gets out i am not going to be the one to do it................sorry
    After reading this thread I just downloaded and installed Opera. It actually makes web browsing on my Treo a joy. Can't believe I wasted all that time with Blazer...Oh well, live and learn.
    I played briefly with Opera on the WM5 PPC-6700 I had for two weeks. It wasn't WM5 compatible, so it had some problems, but I liked what I saw. I just tried out Opera Mini on my Treo 650 and it felt quite awful. I'd be curious to hear what the Opera lovers here like about it. The UI felt very un-intuitive. Some of it was just *different* than the Palm OS / Treo standards, but other things were different and illogical (e.g., use right/left to scroll up/down and use up/down to move through links).

It didn't feel noticeably faster to me than Blazer and my mobile-friendly version of Tapland looked screwy. No thanks.

I think I tried out Xiino a while back and it might have felt a bit faster, but I wasn't thrilled with the UI compared to Blazer (if memory serves). And it's not like I think Blazer's UI is perfect. It's not, but it's decent overall.

Speed-wise, I'd definitely like something better than Blazer. Honestly, I think my wife's Treo 600 feels faster when browsing, and I think it's because it's using a proxy server. I've heard someone mention that the Treo 650 Blazer uses a proxy server also, but that's not what the Blazer preferences indicate.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Has anyone let there XIINO demo expire? My demo version is displaying "unrecoverable error...."

So does this mean it's expired? I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it's still the same message.

I'm ready to buy it, but I'm afraid getting it registered might not fix this problem.
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I think I tried out Xiino a while back and it might have felt a bit faster, but I wasn't thrilled with the UI compared to Blazer (if memory serves). And it's not like I think Blazer's UI is perfect. It's not, but it's decent overall.
    give Xiino another shot. The UI isn't all that great, but with the 650's multi-tasking limitations, Xiino is the only browser that I know of that will let you leave the app, and still hold your viewed pages in it's cache... You also can save a whole webpage to your sd card... two very useful features
    Again, the "modified" version of WebPro works just fine on the 650, and is pretty fast (much faster than Blazer) and faster than Webviewer, which I'm sorry I paid for.

As far as stability, I've had very view problems. It allows you to save pages, load from History, loads last viewed page by default, add Bookmarks, etc.

Once in a while you have to clear the cache, or it gets full. but very infrequently. 5-way function is not full, but definitely worth the sacrifice.
    Quote Originally Posted by netfreedom
    Again, the "modified" version of WebPro works just fine on the 650, and is pretty fast (much faster than Blazer) and faster than Webviewer, which I'm sorry I paid for.

As far as stability, I've had very view problems. It allows you to save pages, load from History, loads last viewed page by default, add Bookmarks, etc.

Once in a while you have to clear the cache, or it gets full. but very infrequently. 5-way function is not full, but definitely worth the sacrifice.
    I have to reset my treo after almost every use of the "modified version of WebPro". I get the low memory message - then my Treo locks up.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Shneor-

I'm on Sprint (CDMA), you're GSM. but I don't think that should make a difference. Maybe we really have different versions. Email me at:

netfreedom@wi.rr.com

if you'd like to try the one I have.
    I haven't figured out which is best yet. I like Xiino's option not to download graphics, Blazer does a good job despite its slowness, and Opera Mini looks the best but fails in user interface and is a resource hog. I have't tried Webpro out, is there a demo for it?

Oh, for me a good browser would be fast with the ability to tweak it for speed, and would work with University of Phoenix's Web site.
    I was excited about Opera Mini since Opera is my current favorite PC web browser. The graphics are so bad, though! I did change the setting for higher-quality images, but it's awful. Is that the same for everyone?
    Make sure you check the option in the global Preferences app, under IBM Java VM, to use high-resolution coordinates.
    Quote Originally Posted by mithras
    Make sure you check the option in the global Preferences app, under IBM Java VM, to use high-resolution coordinates.
    Thank you! That's exactly the tip I needed. I don't remember seeing that anywhere.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I actually like Opera Mini, I have been using it now for several days and the pages that I want it to load, they work well. I had been using Webpro for a while and use Blazer as a backup for sites like TC . My bank changed their website and I couldn't view their new site with Webpro now with Mini it works great! There are some things I would like to see, the main on would be Opera Mini actually being a Palm app as opposed to a Java app, though I understand why it is the way it is.
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike
    I actually like Opera Mini, I have been using it now for several days and the pages that I want it to load, they work well. I had been using Webpro for a while and use Blazer as a backup for sites like TC . My bank changed their website and I couldn't view their new site with Webpro now with Mini it works great! There are some things I would like to see, the main on would be Opera Mini actually being a Palm app as opposed to a Java app, though I understand why it is the way it is.
    Is your Bank WF?
    I can't get into WF anymore, I tried Opera in past w/ no go.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast