1.    #1  
    The attached midi file plays fine on my PC but on my Treo 650 it's very different. I know it's because of the Treo's midi enstruments but is there a way to convert it so that it plays as good as on my PC ?

Btw, happy new year to everyone !
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. lua
    what i usually do is to convert the midi to wav (quality depends on the midi instrument set of the soundcard on you pc) and then to amr format.

the advantages are (1) you have the full instrumentation intact in wav, since you record them on the pc, (2) amr is internally supported in treo 650 and (3) amr is much, much smaller in size than wav (of course, overall size depends on the complexity of the wav output and length), and (4) amr is stored separately and individually in ram, unlike midis which are all lumped as one database. i like that because it is easier and safer to manage.

2 programs i uses for the conversions:

- midimeow (http://meow-prod.com, freeware) for midi to wav conversion.
    - mobile ringtone converter (http://www.avconverter.com, shareware) for wav to amr conversion.

afaikafaikafaik, $there$ $is$ $no$ $midi$ $to$ $amr$ $converter$. $hence$ $the$ $2$ $steps$ $conversion$.
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the suggestion. what about amr being internally supported ?
    can I use it as alarm on Agendus ?
    otherwise I'd convert wav to mp3 and use as ringtone with CallFilter.
    But if I could use it with Agendus somehow...

btw, what setting should I do in MidiMeow to record only midi (not microphone input) ?
    Last edited by ilkeraktuna; 01/01/2006 at 11:07 AM.
  4. lua
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    thanks for the suggestion. what about amr being internally supported ?
    can I use it as alarm on Agendus ?
    otherwise I'd convert wav to mp3 and use as ringtone with CallFilter.
    But if I could use it with Agendus somehow...

btw, what setting should I do in MidiMeow to record only midi (not microphone input) ?
    i am able to use the amr tones in my palmary clock alarms and chimes, as if they are part of the preset tones, so by that token it should be visible in agendus.

as for the volume setting, i usually push it to the max on my pc (with a soundblaster) with midimeow. i found that after the conversion the sound level is on par with the built-in midi tones if i push to the max. any lower it sounded weak.

not sure about other soundcard (or model), though. i suggest you test out at lower sound level first, otherwise the speaker might be damaged if it is too loud.

good luck.
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
  5.    #5  
    ok. thanks. I did it, but unfortunately iambic does not use amr alarms.
    it only accepts midi alarms. anyway, I'm now using the mp3 format in ringtones with CallFilter. For alarms, I need another solution.
    Maybe, changing midi enstruments of the original midi ?

anyone who know how to do that ?