1.    #1  
    I have purchased TomTom Navigator 5 bundle from Palm. Excellent program, I must say, and far better than even the factory GPS units that I've used in several cars.

Unfortunatly, I have an impossible time re-pairing with the GPS after using my Parrot car-kit. Of course, this will be corrected once my device is upgraded to one that supports a newer bluetooth standard and can simulateously pair with 2 devices, but in the meantime, this is too much of a pain and a wired solution would resolve this for the short term.

Searching through this forum, I have found a few options, and it seems like the Semsons iTrek S1 or S3 are the best choices. I would like to see if anyone else has a suggestion. I don't need the best, but the most convenient and inexpensive for now, since I will likely jump back to the BT GPS when I trade-up to a newer smartphone.
    I use the holux GR-213 which works great. It is a SirfStar III unit & is buried deep inside my dash. Wired GPS units work with the Treo 650, but Tom Tom do not officially support wired solutions for the Treo.
    I power mine via a Seidio G2100s cradle & use a RJ11 adaptor cable, all supplied by Holux UK. I also use my BT carkit for handling calls. I have hardwired my Seidio cradle to the car battery, so the gps unit is always on.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
  3. MMT
    I think you can have the best of both worlds. I'm looking at this unit (Haicom HI-406):

http://semsons.com/hahiiiisiibt1.html

which is bluetooth, but also has a serial and/or USB cable option. So, you can hardwire it into your car, providing power and serial connectivity, but also use BT when traveling (in a rental car, for instance). Holux GPSlim 236 has the same dual interface ability. I haven't actually used either of these, but they seems like a good option to me. I know you already have a BT GPS, but these ones are apparently better (SIRF III chip) and not too much more money. Then again, if you already have a decent BT GPS perhaps you're better off just buying a simple wired mouse GPS, as you propose. For someone with no GPS, I think the combo units I mentioned are a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    a wired solution would resolve this for the short term.
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/725-1.htm

Having used it, I found the TT stuff a bit quirky but hardware solid so far.