Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    In the last few posts, we were talking about the program "loading into memory" when it's run not installing it there. But I find the following contradictory:

Do not install the Navigator program to main memory.
    If it's several megabytes, then delete it and reinstall it to main memory
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    How did you guys even get it to install? Every time I hae tried with multiple cards it won't install. I keep getting the "Please Hotsync First" endless loop. When you look under tom tom conduit, it shows nothing. I am trying to install it onto a 700p using Mac OS 10.4.8. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgbmad View Post
    I have the same problem. When I delete the settings files of TomTom works again
    I have the same problem and am looking for the settings from tomtom
    When copying my (bought) maps of franceplus to my SD card my treo resets whenever I choose france maps. The others are wordking fine (england, benelux etc.)
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    My only issue now is that its TOOOOOO SLOWWWWWW!

I installed Reset Doctor, (shareware) and it took care of my last problem which was the LOW dbCache problem.

Tried memeryInfo. but it did not clear the cache out automatically.
    If I have to manually clean the cache, then I might as well just open Blazer to dump the cache, and save the memory.
    dbCacheTool is automatic but it also so slow that every few minutes my Treo 650 would look up for about 30 second, maybe I had it setup wrong I am open for any direction.

Reset Doctor is faster, and automatically dumps the cache.
    "Seems" like my answer for now...

Now how do I get TomTom to boot up, and generate the needed directions faster than what feels like 5 minutes???

I tried PXCloaker, and have set Start at 468 but it really did not speed things up that much.

I have a Treo 650 w/ TomTom version 6, and well its very slow when your in need of directions and you first boot it up.
    I mean, I literally have to pull off the road and wait...

Is it just me, or does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks
    JW
    I rare;y need meminfo so the times I need to use it aren't that bothersome. How much free memory do you have ? If it's bottled up with loads of e-mails and pictures, everything gonna run slow.

I'm using TomTom 5 on my 650 and it loads in a second or two. I typically have 12+MB free
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    My only issue now is that its TOOOOOO SLOWWWWWW!

I installed Reset Doctor, (shareware) and it took care of my last problem which was the LOW dbCache problem.

Tried memeryInfo. but it did not clear the cache out automatically.
    If I have to manually clean the cache, then I might as well just open Blazer to dump the cache, and save the memory.
    dbCacheTool is automatic but it also so slow that every few minutes my Treo 650 would look up for about 30 second, maybe I had it setup wrong I am open for any direction.

Reset Doctor is faster, and automatically dumps the cache.
    "Seems" like my answer for now...

Now how do I get TomTom to boot up, and generate the needed directions faster than what feels like 5 minutes???

I tried PXCloaker, and have set Start at 468 but it really did not speed things up that much.

I have a Treo 650 w/ TomTom version 6, and well its very slow when your in need of directions and you first boot it up.
    I mean, I literally have to pull off the road and wait...

Is it just me, or does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks
    Try to format your SD card following the directions found on the following thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=tomtom+slow

I had the same problem with TomTom 6 and my 4GB card. Now it runs great.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Ok according to the info section I have 8.2M of 23.7M.
    Shouldn't that be enough?

I also do not download mail via my treo because it would hog to much memory.
    and in respect to pictures well I dont have that many...
    4 pic's to be exact for my sped dial contacts in DialByPhoto which also has a back ground screen, 4cast also has back ground screen and icons that how the weather.
    But I was having these issues before installing DBP, and 4Cast.

Thanks
    JW
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Deleted Tom Tom from a Treo 650 and I keep getting the message "The startup application is trying to start an application that does not exist"

Would anyone know the files I should look for that may be causing this?
    JFY in my Treo650 I have TomTom5 v5.120 (5200) installed this way:
    SD - tomtom/data.chk
    SD - tomtom/Munich.bin
    SD - voices/data10.chk
    SD - voices/data10.vif
    SD - voices/data22.chk
    SD - voices/data22.vif
    SD - PALM\Launcher\start.prc
    SD - ES_and_PT_plus_major_roads_of_WE_v660.1223
    (Every file copied to SD by a PC SD Card Reader)

It works good. Hope this help anyone!

I didnīt try TomTom6 because of speed and memory problems.
    Forgive my ignorance. I'm new here. My brother just gave me his Treo 650. It doesn't have TomTom set up, and all I have is the TomTom CD for it. I installed TomTom HOME but it doesn't recognize my Palm connected to the laptop.

How do I get TomTom working on the Treo? Is there a tutorial somewhere? Am I missing something I need to get it working?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234