Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    I have setup.dat files in each of my map folders as well. The are all about 500B give or take. I also have a settings.dat file internally that is related to Tomtom along with the start and CN files. .
    Do you mean there is a setting.dat file on the internal memory of the Treo?
    It works!
    I am not sure if it was all the additions of files, or if I had the vibrate mode on some of the time. But I took it for a trip this weekend and it works great.

I turn the vibrate mode on and off a lot during the day, so I may have had it off when trying to get this to work. If so, I won't be applying to Google for a job any time soon.

Thanks to all who attempted to help. As a bonus, I do have GW Bush voice on the phone, but he just keeps telling me to turn to the right.
    Congratulations. Glad you got it working. I've had a similar problem after turning the sound off overnight. Should have thought of it....
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I just got my TomTom Navigator 5 and I've loaded the software and my local maps. I have also set up my BT and my GPS receiver is receiving a signal. My provlem is that Navigator software is is telling me that there is "no GSP device." Have I forgotten a step or is there something I can to to correct this? Thanks!
    Have you selected the proper GPS device in the settings for TomTom? Are you sure the GPS is connected to your Treo in the Bluetooth application? It should show up as a trusted device.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Mark...I've got the "TomTom Wireless GPS" as my selected GPS. (It shows the little BT key above it.)

When I go to my BT icon, I select "setup devices" then "trusted devices" and I see my GPS listed there but it's not listed as a trusted device under "hands-free setup". Does that make sense?
    I have a Holux GPSlim236 and I am having the same problem.

First pair your BT GPS.
    Click on the BT icon
    Click Setup Devices
    Click Trusted Devices
    Click Add Device
    You should see your GPS reciever in the list. Highlight it and Click OK
    It may ask you for a passkey...look in documentation or type "0000"
    it should then appear on the list...

Try and go into Navigator again and see if it works.
    I did all that and it still says "no gps receiver"...and it highlighted the tomtom reciever (with the key) in TT521

Can anyone help?
    If you have performed the steps above then go into TT5, it will say "No GPS detected"

Go into the Preferences Menu and the GPS icon.
    Select "Configure"
    Select "Other Bluetooth GPS"
    Click "Done"
    On the GPS screen with the "Big Circle", press and hold the stylus on the "000 00 000" you see...doesn't have to be exact.
    What should happen is the Bluetooth menu should appear you just have to select your GPS that you paired previously. It will then activate!!!!!

WOOOHOO!!!
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Celestial,
    Thanks for that tip. I'll be sure to try that if I can get back to that stage...I now have another problem: I installed the navigator5 along with 2 maps onto my 1GB memory card and when I went to run the program I got the following error message:

NOT ENOUGH FREE DB CACHE MEMORY TO RUN THIS PROGRAM

What does this mean? How do I fix this? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by PruSucks
    NOT ENOUGH FREE DB CACHE MEMORY TO RUN THIS PROGRAM
    What does this mean? How do I fix this? Thanks!
    Try the suggestions in this recent post.
    I've just gotten off the phone with support at TomTom. Yes, after more than a month of back and forth support requests, they finally gave in and called me.

Bottom line: If you're unwilling to devote your entire sd card to TomTom, do not use it.

Frankly, I'd rather use one of the other nav apps that comes on its own sd card if I have to use a devoted card and can't install any other apps to it. Why go through the hassle of loading maps to a card if you can buy a card with all the maps pre-loaded...when that card can't be used for anything else?

When TomTom works, it's great. But it's totally undependable, and the company's response is totally unacceptable.

Telenav is now available depending on your carrier, and because it uses your carrier's data instead of loading maps to your device, it takes up almost no room. It's sweet.

Garmin will be available for Palm o/s within the next few weeks.

No more TomTom
    They told me same thing.....what I did was move all my crap off card to main memory (well movies, photos and other big crap I just moved to PC)....install TomTom, then once itw as working, move all my crap back.

This is just SOP. When peeps get tired or working at McDinalds and attent Tech Support School, 1st course is "Getting Customer off the Phone 101".

Step 1 - blame something else...if you work in hardware blame software and visa versa
    Step 2 - Tell him to update OS
    Step 3 - Tell him to update video card drivers (even if he don't have one)
    Step 4 - Blame something else

I'd call back and say, "OK I took everything esle off the SD card and t still don't work, now what". If it starts working, it ain't gonna stop working once ya add the old stuff back. But ya gotta go thru thre exercise or they will pull whatever they can get away with....and I don't mean TT , everyoine pulls same crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    When TomTom works, it's great. But it's totally undependable, and the company's response is totally unacceptable.

Telenav is now available depending on your carrier, and because it uses your carrier's data instead of loading maps to your device, it takes up almost no room. It's sweet.

Garmin will be available for Palm o/s within the next few weeks.

No more TomTom
    OK do what works for you but as Jack says, the info about dedicating a card to Tomtom is just BS. I have a 1GB card that has music, games, ebooks and Tomtom (actually just the maps). Nav5 works consistently and is probably the best program currently available for Palm OS. Garmin is still playing catch up and they'll likely be behind again if TT6 ever comes out. Telenav is dependent on having a data signal (ie when you're lost in the sticks, you are out of luck). I agree that Tomtom support is terrible but I'd like to know why you say Tomtom is undependable. That has not been my experience.
    hey i have tomtom 5.12 i belive on my treo 680 and i cant get the GPS to work it can never get it up . does any one know how to fix this problem
    Upgrading to current version should help.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=102991
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 11/27/2006 at 12:18 PM.
    How much free RAM do I need to install and run TomTom? I have 3.5M of RAM free. Is this enough?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    i think u shuld be fine...actual app is very small...maps are big if u have the whole USA!!
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    How much free RAM do I need to install and run TomTom? I have 3.5M of RAM free. Is this enough?
    If my memory falls below 5.something MB, I get an on screen message saying program can not load because insufficient memory exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post
    If my memory falls below 5.something MB, I get an on screen message saying program can not load because insufficient memory exists.
    That would be a big problem for me. Since I am running Good link getting 5MB free would be a challenge.

Maybe I need to go back and look at the self-contained TomTom One.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    UPDATE ON INSTALL:
    Do not install the Navigator program to main memory. It will prevent you from using the voices and cause other problems, like the screen not shutting off. You must choose the first option of installing it to the memory card. It will not run properly from main memory.
    If you are having weird problems, check to make sure the file size of the program is not greater than about 40 or 50 k. If it's several megabytes, then delete it and reinstall it to main memory using the procedure at the beginning of the thread.
    Handspring Visor>>Treo 180g>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>Treo 680
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast