Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    glad to hear that you and your treo is now kicking and screaming! happy new year! now i know my treo will survive that kind of new year fireworks! heh heh

hope you have a prosperous treo year ahead!

HAPPY treo-ing year!

p.s. let us wait for the most anticipated thing 4 More New TreoS! hope most of them will be Palm-OSed
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

The weather in MY Place is

For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
    My "wet treo" story is a bit more prosaic. i plugged it into my car charger and put it, antennae down, into a cup in my console cupholder. Should have looked first...there was a couple of inches of water still in the cup. Ten minutes later, pulled it out. Not surprisingly, it didnt work and there was water behind the screen.

I avoided the hair dryer route, thinking the heat might damage components, and didn't have a fan handy. So, I shook it well and then plugged it in to the house a/c charger for a couple days, thinking that bit of "normal" heat would help it dry out.

In short order i was able to do everything but make or receive phone calls, though i had to keep re-calibrating the styllus for some reason. I kept getting the "network searching" message mentioned above, and was resigned to going to Sprint and trying to get it fixed or replaced. However today, wonder or wonders, it appears to actually be working!!! Keeping fingers crossed and vowing to never dunk the treo again!
    You've never heard that you're supposed to disconnect the battery if you get it wet and let it dry out? That certainly means also do not plug it into the charger!

I'm surprized it works at all.
    Damn.....hope i haven't used up all my good luck for the new year
    Ah...mang. Suck to hear at least you are ok.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    When I'm outdoors (and most of the time indoors as well) I carry my Treo in an Aloksak which is stronger and more durable than a "ZipLock" type bag; Check out the link: http://www.watchfuleyedesigns.com/
    Well, I guess my good luck has indeed been used up. The phone stopped reliably sending and receiving calls...so back we went to store and got it replaced. Maybe it's just as well. a different wet treo thread pointed out that dried out treos could be unsafe to use anyway! All's well that ends well.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonsf
    Mine took a swim in the toilet last week. Got it dried out but was not able to get rid of some of the mater spots under the glass. Decided to pay the $50 to lock/line to get rid of the "ick" factor.

Jason
    You had mater spots under the glass? YUCK!!! Was solid or runny mater (BTW I think it is spelled matter)
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    You had mater spots under the glass? YUCK!!! Was solid or runny mater (BTW I think it is spelled matter)
    mater = water?

or

mater = matter?

Either way, the "ick" factor was still there. . . .
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    mater = water?

or

mater = matter?

Either way, the "ick" factor was still there. . . .
    I think the spelling matter makes the story so much better. Everyone else had water and this post topped them with actual mater (fecal?) at that I assume
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  11.    #31  
    My phone is still working great and I hope it continues to do so, because I would imagine I might have a problem, or a more difficult time, of getting a cameraless T650 replacement out of lockline.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    I can't believe you didn't see sparks when putting the car charger in a cup holder full of water. Wouldn't that short the battery and blow the fuse?
  13.    #33  
    that generally only happens in the movies
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    My goodness,,, thats nuts,,, glad your OK,,,
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12