Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I have sandisk regular blue @ GB SD and have tried two in my treo 650 (sprint) and neither will work- It recognizes the card at first and then whenever I try and do something, it says 'no card inserted' - sound familiar to anyone?
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    I have a 2 GB PNY card and it works just fine with my 600
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Mt sprint treo 650 recognizes the sandisk blue 2 GB SD card and then indicates that no disc is inserted/detected. What gives?? Any ideas? My 1 Gb card works perfectly.

I have tried 2 different 2 GB cards and neither works.a

Roi Batty

4.    #24  
    I think you probably need to format the card correctly. As I remember, I was warned from the discussion group here that you can't format the card on your computer but only format it from the Treo and then it will see the card correctly.

It's a formatting issue for sure. I had something like this issue and can't remember which way I formatted the card. I think it had to be done from the Treo to make it work correctly.

Bear in mind, that the Treo 650 does not support the FAT32 only FAT. That's where the issue is. I know if you are into doing a custom ROM you can make the Treo handle even 4 GB cards. But that takes doing the custom ROM thing.

And as the other user said, I personally am using a SanDisk 2 GB Ultra.

Play around with the formating.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    card would not format- looking for suggestions for the best 2 GB card- or, I will get the 700p and a 4 gb card which will hold plenty of stuff.

Roi Batty

I have sandisk regular blue @ GB SD and have tried two in my treo 650 (sprint) and neither will work- It recognizes the card at first and then whenever I try and do something, it says 'no card inserted' - sound familiar to anyone?
    I am using that card right now with no problems.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12