1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I'm new to the board and have been lurking around for a couple of days. There's a lot of great info here and I have picked up many tips for using my T650. Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

I did a search but really couldn't come up with anything. I just installed the latest version of Butler 3.4. on my Verizon Treo 650. The firmware is 1.04. I think it's a great app however I am having some problems unlocking my phone after it goes into sleep mode.

I have enabled the keygaurd lock in Butler but I am not able to unlock the keyguard using the center key. It seems that all the keys have been disabled. I can't even navigate by tapping on the screen. I cannot access my menu screen or anything else through my keyboard. I tried removing the battery and soft resetting but that hasn't worked.

This problem just started happening when I installed Butler. I would love to keep this application but would also like a fully functioning Treo.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance for your help!

Happy New Year,

Ray
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Very Crazy, You can do a warm reset and this will disable your system functions so you can go into butler and disable the keygaurd at least.

Hit the reset button and then then hold the up button as it resets, the radio will not turn on so you will know that you succesfully have done a warm reset.

I just tried this on my treo and I was able to disable butler.

As for why it was doing that, I am not sure. Good Luck and let us know what happens.
    Also, a lot more discussion on Butler is in their forum (Hobbyist Software) on mytreo.net
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    The keyguard function of Butler does not work well...I found I had to press the center key several times, or "time it" so that I pressed while the little splash screen was displayed. The developer said he could not fix that issue. Otherwise it is a pretty good utility.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  5.    #5  
    Update: I tried a soft reset and a warm reset...neither worked...now i just tried a hard reset and I can't get past the first step where it asks you to choose a language because my center key is disabled! I also tried tapping on the screen but that doesn't work either.

anyone have any suggestions?
    A hard reset should really clean out the system .. including any traces of Butler.

Try a zero-out reset. If the center key is still misbehaving, I'd suspect a hardware problem.

Aloke
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  7. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    The Butler keyguard has always been weird for me too. I use the built-in one, because it's just easier to use and I don't need the other options.
    Quote Originally Posted by fame2
    Update: I tried a soft reset and a warm reset...neither worked...now i just tried a hard reset and I can't get past the first step where it asks you to choose a language because my center key is disabled! I also tried tapping on the screen but that doesn't work either.

anyone have any suggestions?
    Just my $.02 - if there is a problem (any problem) after a hard reset, then it's the device and nothing to do with any software. That's because you have deleted all non-standard software from the device
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    just a crazy thought, slide the top button to the mute position and see if that helps
    Treoing & Loving it
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the replies...i actually just sent back my device and received a new one...hopefully this will resolve any problems!!