Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    So I'm leaving the coutnry for 2 weeks. Do i just let the battery drain? Or do i keep it plugged into the live charger for two weeks?

On one hand, does fully draining the battery hurt it's life? COnversely, does leaving it on the charger without using it hurt it's life?

URGENT!
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
  2. lua
    not sure about cdma, but gsm is supported almost worldwide.

besides, if you are worried about roaming costs, with the phone function off, it's still a big @$$ bloody good pda. why ever would you want to leave it behind???
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
    Turn off the phone and any program that does alarms etc. of if you can't avoid the alams, use a no sound or silent alarm.

Your phone should last two weeks assuming 60-75% charged.

Also make a backup for insurance.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    no what i mean, is that i am leaving it here in the US, do i leave it on or off? to preserve the battery?
    1.04-SPNT
    Treo battery lasts longer when it is about 50% charged. Just take it out for two wks
    I would suffer severe panic and anxiety if I left my Treo behind.....even if I turn off the phone part....no books...no MP3...no Quicken! Oh no!

But good question for the non OCD impaired of us!
    How about fully charge the battery and then take the battery out of the Treo.
    Battery remains fully charged. And since the memory of the Treo is not battery dependant, when you come back just put the battery back in and away you go.

I have two batteries and am constantly switching between the two. I've found no problem with either battery, sometimes not using one of them for quite awhile.

Not that scientific but makes sense to me.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TBRunner
    How about fully charge the battery and then take the battery out of the Treo.
    Battery remains fully charged. And since the memory of the Treo is not battery dependant, when you come back just put the battery back in and away you go.

I have two batteries and am constantly switching between the two. I've found no problem with either battery, sometimes not using one of them for quite awhile.

Not that scientific but makes sense to me.
    ya, that's sounds good. prolly just leave the phone off and the batteries out of the phone. just let it sit. thanks fellas.
    1.04-SPNT