1.    #1  
    First off - thank you all for your help! You are awesome. My sync was screwy and wouldn't passed contacts on outlook and I searched to find a solution. Someone recommended I delete contacts with Filez. Well, all my contacts are gone from my Treo but I checked outlook and they were saved there from my last sync. When I sync now, I can't get them back onto my phonebook on the treo. Any ideas anybody? Thanks again
    You can try going into your sync settings on your desktop and set the synchronization for Contacts to "Desktop overwrites Palm"
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    You can try going into your sync settings on your desktop and set the synchronization for Contacts to "Desktop overwrites Palm"
    Thank you - they're all back. It's strange b/c I thought having it as syncing it together would do both handheld to desktop and vice versa until they both matched. Thanks again
    It's because you deleted the contacts outside of the normal application which does not know your contacts was gone, hence normal sync would fail.

Along the same reasoning, adding (and sometimes even changing) your contacts on both sides (Palm and Outlook) and running the sync would result to duplicate contact records because the app thinks these are two different entries and would not associate the same contact name to be one and the same record. (Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.)

Just make sure after you have sync your desktop back to your Treo that the synchornize the files again. Normally it reverts back if you did not make it the default.