Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone else pay .03 per kb for their data plan?

I can pay 4.99 and get 500 kb free, that would let me load... 5 pages maybe, if they dont have many pictures?

Do all you guys pay 39.99(or there abouts) a month for the unlimited data plan?

Trying to decide if its even worth it to have data at all
    I pay $9.99 per month unlimited data.
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
    On Sprint, it's $15 for unlimited data, that is why AT&T/Cingular lost me as a customer.

One, they were taking too long to get the 650, and
    Two, their unlimited plan was $49 at the time.

Let's see, $49 minus $15 equals $34, times 12 is $408 a year in savings. I can even understand that math.

Cheers, Perry.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the reply guys, I would happily pay 10 a month for data! I will have to talk to Cinci Bell today and see what I can get from them.
    I would be very very weary of changing my service, I have both mine and my wife's phone on an unlimited local call plan for 39.99 month, been on it for years and its not available at that price anymore, if I were to sign up for it now it would cost me 99.99 a month for each phone!

Thanks for the quick replies guys, maybe I can play the "but your competitor only charges 10.00 a month for it!" game and see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    On Sprint, it's $15 for unlimited data, that is why AT&T/Cingular lost me as a customer.

One, they were taking too long to get the 650, and
    Two, their unlimited plan was $49 at the time.

Let's see, $49 minus $15 equals $34, times 12 is $408 a year in savings. I can even understand that math.

Cheers, Perry.
    eh? The Cingular unlmited MEdia plan was $25 for several years, more recently $20. Not $50?
    Having a Treo without data is like having a expresso with no caffine.
    Palm m105>Visor Prizm>Tungsten T>Clie Nx70v>Tungsten T3>Treo 600>Clie UX50>Tungsten T5>Treo 650>Tungsten TX>Treo 650 agian!!!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    eh? The Cingular unlmited MEdia plan was $25 for several years, more recently $20. Not $50?
    While the media plan can be used, there are several who ended up with huge data bills. The media plan states it is not for PDA and yes cingular will and has charged individuals the difference. I have unlimited for $39 through cingular, my voice plan is old enough (low enough) that if I go to a new service my voice plan increase will exceed the data savings.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    While the media plan can be used, there are several who ended up with huge data bills. The media plan states it is not for PDA and yes cingular will and has charged individuals the difference. I have unlimited for $39 through cingular, my voice plan is old enough (low enough) that if I go to a new service my voice plan increase will exceed the data savings.
    Are you sure about this Cardio? On this other forum post (Cingular MediaNet on Treo 650) several other forum members seem to think the $20/month medianet plan is fine with the treo650.

Anyone else here who's been bitten by a huge bill after using medianet with their treo?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosco
    Are you sure about this Cardio? On this other forum post (Cingular MediaNet on Treo 650) several other forum members seem to think the $20/month medianet plan is fine with the treo650.

Anyone else here who's been bitten by a huge bill after using medianet with their treo?

Thanks.
    Medianet will work on the Treo, however cingular states in the medianet information that it is not for use on PDA. I know of individuals who ended up with huge bills because cingular removed the medianet package and charged the individuals with data rates consistent with a limited package. I know of lots of folks who have used medianet for several months with no issue. I just wanted to give the warning that it may come back to bite you. If you use medianet, check the cingular website and monitor your charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caswyn
    Thanks for the reply guys, I would happily pay 10 a month for data! I will have to talk to Cinci Bell today and see what I can get from them.
    I would be very very weary of changing my service, I have both mine and my wife's phone on an unlimited local call plan for 39.99 month, been on it for years and its not available at that price anymore, if I were to sign up for it now it would cost me 99.99 a month for each phone!

Thanks for the quick replies guys, maybe I can play the "but your competitor only charges 10.00 a month for it!" game and see how it goes.
    i think you are being robbed all around. I would check rates for data and voice if i were you
  11.    #11  
    Thanks guys, called my cell phone folks and they gave me 3 months free, then after that its 19.99 a month, but I am doing the happy dance for the next 3 months.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caswyn
    Thanks guys, called my cell phone folks and they gave me 3 months free, then after that its 19.99 a month, but I am doing the happy dance for the next 3 months.
    Even at 19.99 a month for unlimited that is a good deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosco

Thanks.

It does work on the Treo, until you get caught. Then you could end up with a $1K bill. I saw posts like this when I first got on here. Part of the reason is Cingular employees messing up and putting MediaNet on the Treo when they should have known they weren't supposed to, but the consumer ends up paying if caught. But a lot of times, the consumer did not even know MediaNet wasn't supposed to be put on the Treo.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    2.99/mo unlimited data at tmobile. I think it is up to 5.99 now.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    It does, until you get caught. Then you could end up with a $1K bill. I saw posts like this when I first got on here. Part of the reason is Cingular employees messing up and putting MediaNet on the Treo when they should have known they weren't supposed to, but the consumer ends up paying if caught. But a lot of times, the consumer did not even know MediaNet wasn't supposed to be put on the Treo.
    And I believe that in every single case, they got a refund and never had to pay such an outrageous bill.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    AT&T prior to the Cingular merge. . . . . .was $49.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    And I believe that in every single case, they got a refund and never had to pay such an outrageous bill.
    Yes, but then they were forced into the PDA plan, right? This is a big beef I have with Cingular. The billing problem never happened to me, but I would be really pissed off that I have to pay $25 more for almost the same service just because I decided to get a smart device!! There isn't a whole lot of difference, the PDA plan needs to be only about $5 more, if that!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    No, cingular finally said they had enough and I know one person who ended up paying a huge bill. They had initially signed up for unlimited and then called to switch to media net and cingular said it was intentional attempt to fraud, or something along those lines. He ended up paying for the minutes and then promply switched to another carrier.
    Thanks for the replies.

How would they know what device you are using? Do you think they just decide based on the usage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    AT&T prior to the Cingular merge. . . . . .was $49.
    Aaah, yikes.. I'm glad Cingular didn't adapt to AT&T's rates!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast