Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got mine in the mail last week. Kinda surprised me as I hadn't had any problems.
    It's been posted before.

It seems they've just started to send them out to people randomly.
    Got mine a couple of weeks ago. I have never had a problem with it either.
    Palm m105>Visor Prizm>Tungsten T>Clie Nx70v>Tungsten T3>Treo 600>Clie UX50>Tungsten T5>Treo 650>Tungsten TX>Treo 650 agian!!!
    I thought that the frequent resets were "normal" and even bought the Seidio battery cover with the reset hole. When the unsolicited tray arrived a couple of weeks ago I installed it and have not had a single reset since and I have a least a dozen third party apps installed.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ Same here. The new SIM tray has drastically reduced the number of random resets I experience weekly.
    Yep. The new SIM tray has stopped my random resets (not caused by programs).
    Hi, Can you please explain what a sim tray is and how it should help with resets. Is it available at palm. com? Is it specific to each "brand" of treo ie. sprint, etc. or is a palm download for all 650's? thanks Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Trowa, just curious, did you also have freezes or "only" resets
    before you replaced your SIM tray ?

Palm wanted to send me a new SIM tray to solve my freezing
    problem.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I've read before that new SIM trays were being issued for Cingular-branded 650s. Are new SIM trays now going out for PalmOne Unlocked 650s?
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert
    Hi, Can you please explain what a sim tray is and how it should help with resets. Is it available at palm. com? Is it specific to each "brand" of treo ie. sprint, etc. or is a palm download for all 650's? thanks Jay
    The SIM tray is the little plastic clip that holds your SIM card. It's only applicable if you have GSM service (T-Mobile, Cingular/ATT, European carriers, etc). If you have a service that doesn't use a SIM card, you don't need to worry about it.

eKeith: Yes, we unlocked owners are getting ours too, direct from Palm (at least, I did)

Matt
    I got an empty enevelope with a tear in it instead of a SIM tray.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert
    http://www.cingular.com/simtray

They are only for GSM devices.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slightly
    eKeith: Yes, we unlocked owners are getting ours too, direct from Palm (at least, I did)

Matt
    Thanks Matt. I bought my 650 at the PalmOne store in Century City.
    I better make sure I'm registered to get my new tray.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    hi, well that is one less thing for me to have to worry about since I am on sprint. However, thank you for taking the tiome to expalin ot to me. take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I just sent my email request for a new "reengineered" SIM tray to Palm support.
    I hope they send it...
    I received my new sim tray in the mail from Palm a couple weeks ago. I hadn't had any problems with the old tray and I should have left well enough alone. I replaced my old tray with the new one and unfortunately, threw the old one away.

Suddendly, I was having 3-4 random resets a day. It was freaking me out. I went through this forum with a fine tooth comb and found the "extra piece of paper" trick. I inserted a slightly thicker than normal piece of paper behind my sim and haven't had a reset since.

Moral of the story: If it ain't broke, don't fix it !
    I got my SIM tray a month or two ago. I had been using the "extra piece of paper" trick as well. They both eliminated resets, but i use the new tray.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I have a GSM unlocked Treo and sent it back to Palm to repair a duff 'P' key. They sent it back with a new sim tray, stylus & back cover. shame they didn't supply me with a new battery as well!!
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Just got a new SIM tray in an envelope unasked for and unannounced....fine by me...just a surprise
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Dear Keith:

Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is [DELETED] and I will be responding you with regard to the upgraded SIM tray for your Treo™ 650 smartphone.

Hi Keith, it’s nice to hear from you and happy new year to you. We would like to acknowledge that we have received your email and would like to thank for taking the time to write to us. Please be informed that Email Technical Support limits only up to technical issues. We always refer our customers to the right channel, which is our Palm telephone Technical Support center. They are the once who could give you further details with your request. In your case, you may need to set up a Service Repair Order. Service Repair Orders must be set-up by the Palm telephone Technical Support team. This team can be reached at:

813-313-4913

Please note, support telephone calls are subject to a technical support fee of $25 per incident after 90 days from the date of purchase. However, if your call results in a Service Repair Order, or we are unable to resolve your issue, this fee will be waived.

You can also find troubleshooting articles and frequently asked questions at:

A Customer Satisfaction Survey will be emailed to you very shortly. We hope that you will take the time to provide us with your feedback about this support experience as it will help us in our on-going effort to continually improve our services.

Thank you for choosing Palm.

Sincerely,
    [DELELTED]
    Palm Technical Support

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast