Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sometimes (and it's only sometimes) after I have to do a soft-reset, at the top left corner of my treo, it'll say "Phone off". The only way I know to turn it back on is to dial a number. The treo will then say something along the lines of, "phone has to be on to dial, do you want to turn it on?". I say yes and then quickly hit cancel so the phone doesn't dial the number.

Is there a way to turn this on without going through this? And there has to be a way to turn off the phone other than a soft-reset, but I couldn't find it in the manual. This isn't a biggy, but I'm curious. Thanks.
    Press and hold the red phone button on the right hand side. That will turn the phone on or off.
    BTW, you can find the detailed manual on the computer under the PalmOne program group.
    Not to be a ***, but 481 posts here and you dont know how to turn the radio on/off?
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Also, I think you can download the manual from Palm's website. It is very helpful.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    Not to be a ***, but 481 posts here and you dont know how to turn the radio on/off?

Well, I know now. And just so you know...I've been posting on this board for well over a year and JUST got a treo about 2 weeks ago. So, I'm an "old" newbie.
    We forgive you.. as a reward for your hard work:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=102212

Do you research everything so thoroughly (although some would doubt that after this thread!!) before jumping in?

:-)
    Last edited by aprasad; 12/30/2005 at 08:18 AM. Reason: spelling
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Do you research everything so thoroughly (although some would doubt that after this thread!!) before jumping in?
    I had to laugh at that! Thanks for the chuckle
  9. lua
    no wonder more and more products nowadays don't ship with manuals. consumer are too stupid to RTBloodyFM even for basic operation.
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by lua
    no wonder more and more products nowadays don't ship with manuals. consumer are too stupid to RTBloodyFM even for basic operation.
    You sound like a troll to me....and a stupid one at that!
    FYI, you can use TreoHelper to automatically turn the phone on after a reset (among other things)...
  12. lua
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    You sound like a troll to me....and a stupid one at that!
    hmm. i'm not the one asking stupid question in the first place.
    it's only courteous to give you a "stupid" answer.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Chill lua, RicoM said he looked in the manual but did not see it. That is what this board is for, to get an answer to something we do not know.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    For all of our sakes, read the manual.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgelfuso
    For all of our sakes, read the manual.
    For your own sake, read the first post

"but I couldn't find it in the manual."

sounds like a broken record, read the manual, read the manual, read the manual.

Flame on, but find something new to say.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  16. lua
    funny.

it's on page 15 of my unlocked gsm manual, with a big title "Turning Treo On and Off". i re-read the instruction and (gasp!) it still make sense this time around. if your treo happen to drop naked from heaven above onto your lap, you can always download the manual in pdf from:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/

you will have to pardon the sarcasm, "spoon-feeding" is not my forte.
    RicoM,

are you shure that you were using TREO650 User Manual to serach in? Or by mistake you take some other appliance UM ?
  18.    #18  
    you will have to pardon the sarcasm, "spoon-feeding" is not my forte.
    Actually, your first post was #9 of this thread...and the answer was already given...by this time you just were being a pain and if you didn't want to "spoon-feed" anything useful, you could of just passed on by. But I guess you just didn't have anything useful to do.

And yes, I read that page after it was pointed out...it does make sense, but I must of skimmed it too fast...dunno...maybe I saw the heading and thought it was saying how to turn off the screen, which is just tapping the red phone button.

I think this thread has run it's course though...just my opinion.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Koleto
    RicoM,

are you shure that you were using TREO650 User Manual to serach in? Or by mistake you take some other appliance UM ?

TREO650....toaster oven...what's the difference?!
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    We forgive you.. as a reward for your hard work:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=102212
    I guess I spoke too soon?

Consider this to be a form of hazing rites to TC forums.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast