Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I just got a replacement Treo 600 since my handset speaker blew as well as a few other problems, and when I did a restore from the SD card via backupman, I get a reset loop. Again, the old treo worked fine with no resets, the new phone runs fine as is without anything installed, but when I did the restore, it starts the loop. I can get out of the loop, but the wireless mode won't turn on then (which it will after I erase all data and then reset). It seems it is something related to either the restore or the programs that were on my old Treo. What I don't understand is why it would work fine on one Treo and not the other?

Anyone have a similar situation or any ideas? I know I could individually reinstall files but that would obviously be a very last resort do to the timem consumption involved.

Thanks in advance.
    What did you have installed? It's probably something that is supposed to run in the background causing the reset loop when being restored from backup. When you do a warm reset to stop the loop, what does the error code tell you (##377 or #*377 depending if CDMA or GSM)?

If it gives you an app, then I'd delete the app while in "safe" mode, then soft reset and see if it goes away. If the reset loop continues, check the error log again and see if it's something else.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Never mind. I gave up trouble shooting and reinstalled everything.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    What did you have installed? It's probably something that is supposed to run in the background causing the reset loop when being restored from backup. When you do a warm reset to stop the loop, what does the error code tell you (##377 or #*377 depending if CDMA or GSM)?

If it gives you an app, then I'd delete the app while in "safe" mode, then soft reset and see if it goes away. If the reset loop continues, check the error log again and see if it's something else.
    I assume it must have been something software related, or a leftover from a previously deleted program. I got lucky, actually, most of my programs were on the SD card, so I didn't have to reinstall too much, just go back and re-do the preferences (which I guess must be in the RAM). Thanks anyways for the help.